That covers a chunk of the greatest comedy for the last four decades(at least on regular channels.)
All right!Â I’ll inlude the Battle of the Jaywalk All-Stars(from Leno) and handing out hams(from Letterman) and of course…
Carnac the Magnificent(from Johnny Carson.)
Now help me create some skits/artwork/and one or two liners for the show.
A) Great people of history somewhat out of context…NOT St. Augustine doing a dirty limmerick.
- Maybe Winston Churchill saying how he always wanted to drive a dirigible.
- Shakespeare stuttering
- Eleanor Roosevelt speaking to the spirit of …Nancy Reagan(& vice versa)
- Australopiticus being the runner-up on The Price Is Right.Â The winner being the continuing champion…the crocodile(most of whose challengers immediately became extinct. Foreshadowing.)
- Alexander Graham Bell’s assistant coming into the room after Bell made his historic transmission.Â The assistant anrily says, "I cannot believe you would say that about my mother!"Â Then he pulls out a water pistol and shoots Bell…electrocuting him.
Another New TV Series…
B) The Tsunami Zone(or The New New Twighlight Zone.)Â Current events or scientific theory carried out to a possible conclusion.
- The Chinese Sun Experiment… fails.
An almost 600 mile diameter hemisphere shaped chunk of the Earth and Pacific Ocean disappear.Â Tactonic plates around the world shift causing earthquakes and tsunamis. MostÂ of the worlds population living along coastal plains are drowned/killed. All islands in the Pacific Ocean are washed clean of human and mammalian life.Â Most islands around the rest of the world are devastated.Â Evacuation is the only thing that will save the victims.Â Water rushes in from the Pacific Ocean to fill THE HOLE. Carbon monoxide rises to 3.12% of the Earths atmosphere(add from there.) A nuclear winter begins with estimates of it’s length from 3 years to forever, depending on how regressed the earths industrial economy becomes.Â The Earths ocean level drops 57 feet. Some will return as the nuke winter lessens(fingers crossed.)
Now it’s your turn to write the second episode on a current topic…or a twist.
- An Islamic world or
- Global Cooling or
- the Devolution of Man … current educational standards being continually reduced, Charles Darwin’s(The Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or
The Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life, First Edition)
“Survival of the Fittest” theory not being followed(the poor being kept poor and overpopulating the Earth, the handicapped being cared for rather than exterminated.)