Current actions in the Middle East

• What do you think of whats been going on these last weeks?

Personally, proof has come out about both sides. Proof has come out that Arafat sponsers Suicide Bombers (or at least Israel says they have it) and, more importantly, proof has come out in the form of a video of the brutality of Israeli soldiers. Let me quote a few.

“Throw Everything around. Don’t break anything, but make them work to clean it up”

“We’re going to blast through your wall, get out.”

“No, we won’t let the ambulence through, she’ll have to suffer”

I still maintain my opinion that this is mostly Israel’s fault. They are digging a deeper hole for themselves. Europe is considering a Trade Embargo!
    Being Jewish has nothing to do with it. The Israelis are Tyrants. Europe of justified. The US should follow with an Embargo of it’s own.

• “I still maintain my opinion that this is mostly Israel’s fault. They are digging a deeper hole for themselves. Europe is considering a Trade Embargo!
    Being Jewish has nothing to do with it. The Israelis are Tyrants. Europe of justified. The US should follow with an Embargo of it’s own.”

sounds like the jewish boycotts of pre ww2.

first things first…what if letting the ambulence through exposed the IDF in some sort of way? Israel is good at keeping secrecy.

And i admit it…people take it over the edge, like american soldiers during 'NAM. but the truth is that their home is always being attacked, and the leadership of the PA, and the leadership of the mideast support it. IMO, israel has the right to have a state, and the right to defend themselves…, and even under the Oslo accords. The palestinian extremeist want the whole thing, and therefore Israel has to fight for its very existance. what i do disagree with is their settlement policy, and it shows how their is too much expansionism in the minds of some israelis.

both sides are wrong…but the palestinians are more so. they are calling on a war they know they can’t win alone… they are dragging the world with them. They continue terrorism, they don’t stop it, and they don’t make peace.

• Something very few people even think to consider: what if we don’t have a “jewish” or “palestinian” state? What if its just a country, encompassing where israel, west bank, and gaza are right now, that does not have a national religion? Would that really be so bad? What about making jerueselum an international city? Of course, this will never happen because people are far too stubborn and greedy……but even if it will never happen…it SHOULD happen.

• that is israel! they have over a million non-jewish citizens, and initially, before the arab attack, israel was supposed to have all nationalities.

i’m sure it is harder to get citizenship!

• In Israel, racial profiling extends far. An Israeli has more rights than a Palestinian. Not gonna engage in another arguement with Horten in this thread, we got like 5 going already.

• Why not 6?

The israels do use profiling, but well. For example, just recently. Two guys came out of the church of nativity. They could of detained them for a while, but they met no profile, and they let them go.

Same with everyone 14-45 years of age who s temporarly detained durng a military occupation. They check their profiles, and if they don’t fit it, they are released the next day.

• Can you blame the Israelis? Yanny, if your family was killed by a suicide bomber, wouldn’t you want to go in and hunt down the terrorists?

• Slightly off topic (but still dealing with the middle east) do you guys think they should go back and get Saddam Hussein?

• Nah, he’s already a old man. I say we wait it out and let him die like the soon to be Castro. Besides, the only reason why Saddam didn’t use chemical and biological was because we promised to bring total annihilation to his country and himself if he did. However, if Saddam has nothing to lose and is without fear, I speculate that Saddam will use such weapons of mass destruction. And even with modern equipment, our US troops won’t be prepared to face what horrible situations lie ahead.

• Theres a lot more death to the palestinian side. AND theres a quite big difference…

The Israel Governement sponsored these murder.

Palestinian Peaple does’nt support terrorism.

And… israel does’nt want any International Soldier, Arafat want. So when Charon is saying Arafat does’nt want peace but he want…

• RE: Saddam - What happens when he dies? I don’t think he has trained any of his children to rule when he dies. The generals are weak as he has (had) killed those who would threatened his control. Those in power are of the minor Muslim sect. Will the next ruler be better or worse? ‘It’s better to deal with the devil you do know than the devil you don’t know.’
    Did anybody read Executive Orders by Tom Clancy? The idea being that yhe gov’t. of Iran moved swiftly to join the to countries and be a bigger oil and military power.
    –-------------------------------------------------------------
    “Be excellent to each other.”

• Gota agree Fin, Israel (and America to a point) sponsors Terrorism more than Saddam Hussein or Yassar Arafar.

• “I don’t think he has trained any of his children to rule when he dies.”

Actually, in a recent article I read in time. Saddam’s children are shaping up to take over his job. The question is, which one?

If I were a younger man, I would write a history of human stupidity; and I would lie down on my back with my history for a pillow; and I would make a statue of myself, lying on my back, grinning horribly, thumbing my nose at You Know Who. - Bokonon

[ This Message was edited by: TG Moses VI on 2002-06-01 22:01 ]

• Saddam isn’t going to live to a death by Old Age. I bet you he has a Cruise Missle up his arse by Next Christmas.

• If only someone had the nerves to do it. Who knows maybe Israel will do it as payback for the Squd missiles that Iraq launched during Desert Storm.

• Gota agree Fin, Israel (and America to a point) sponsors Terrorism more than Saddam Hussein or Yassar Arafar.

Great ! But dont put Arafat and Hussein in the same bag… I dont think Arafat deserve that :smile:

Here in europe the support is more toward palestinian. America toward isralelian… Put that with all problem America-Europe (steel, agriculture, international criminal court). Maybe its the begginning of the Second American’s Isolarionist Era.

• that was me

• As an American I would like to see a bit more handsoff policy from the rest of the world. I’m not saying lets all of a sudden revert to 1920’s isolation, but maybe try to forcus less of the Middle East and Europe and more on Asia and Africa.

• Or, look at the real problems. There are more humanitarian problems in Africa (both west and east) that we need to help out while they continue to spiral out of control. Ethiopia, Somalia, Sudan, all of these are experiences huge famines. Maybe the United States should stop worrying about money and start helping people.

• Well America is doing a lot. Look at Bill Gates. He’s a jackass with a heart. He plans to contribute 20 billion (not million, BILLON) dollars in order to help improve the living conditions of Africa and help to control AIDs. But I agree, we should stop sending money to Egypt and Israel to buy arms and instead concentrate on helping lesser of places like Asia and Africa.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m