• OK, once again today there is a story in the news about an attack by US/Allied forces that may or may not have killed one of the terrorist leaders.

And the news accounts and press statements by the DOD all refer to one thing in these cases… DNA testing to see if UBL or some other leader is among the dead.

Um, now you will excuse my ignorance if something has changed in recent months, but don;t you have to have a KNOWN sample of the intended person in order to test the bits of blown up victims to see if your guy was killed?

So, where did the US get DNA samples of Bin Laden, Zawahiri, Zarkowi, etc to use for comparison?

Or is this DNA testing sh*t just pablum for the masses?

• Bin Ladin has plenty of living relatives friendly to the US to use to compare.

Not sure about the others.

• @Yanny:

Bin Ladin has plenty of living relatives friendly to the US to use to compare.

Not sure about the others.

I would think this wouldn’t be too difficult to get from the countries and family these people (the other leaders) come from…

• OK.  I just had to ask.

Still seems like a bit of a farce to me, but I guess if they have close enough family…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m