• '19 Moderator

Has any one else taken this test?

http://www.emode.com/tests/uiq/

I have a hard time believing the validity of these tests, I am curious what other people get for scores. I got a 138 and that seems a bit far-fetched. I mean where’s my mensa membership offer? I also said I am a Visionary Philosopher, yeah, me and Plato! :roll:

I think these guys just try to stroke you to get you to send them some money.

Someone else take it so I can see the results. Just curious how you all measure up to my genius intellect, I am trying to decide if you all are worth of my presence here.
    :D :o :lol:

• @dezrtfish:

Has any one else taken this test?

http://www.emode.com/tests/uiq/

I have a hard time believing the validity of these tests, I am curious what other people get for scores. I got a 138 and that seems a bit far-fetched. I mean where’s my mensa membership offer? I also said I am a Visionary Philosopher, yeah, me and Plato! :roll:

I think these guys just try to stroke you to get you to send them some money.

Someone else take it so I can see the results. Just curious how you all measure up to my genius intellect, I am trying to decide if you all are worth of my presence here.
    :D :o :lol:

i took it.
    as i recall - i out-worthy you :D
    At the same time, if i were to take it again i might have answered a couple of questions slightly differently which can make a big difference in your “IQ”.
    And i think we may all be visionary philosophers . . . .

• 127. I´m insulted. Either that or I´m not as smart as I´d like to think. In any case, I better not tell my patients ……

• @morten200:

127. I´m insulted. Either that or I´m not as smart as I´d like to think. In any case, I better not tell my patients ……

i wouldn’t worry about it. Like you can miss one or two of those stupid pattern questions and your “IQ” drops.
    on the other hand, with an IQ like that how did you ever get into medicine . . . ?
    :wink:

• I think MENSA’s requirements are around 200.
    It keeps out the riff raff(that means us.)

By-the-by, I got a 136. I am returning my DENSA, :oops: oops, I mean MENSA membership card and asking for a refund.

WANTED: Brain donor. Seeking AB normal volunteer who no longer has need of his(no females need apply, life is confusing enough as it is) “little grey cells” as Hercules Poirot would say.

• IRT CC: I have a feeling that they also use age as an “inhibiting” factor. The older you are, the more smarter (oops, darnit!) you have to be. Perhaps speed was also a factor, since I spent soem time on the math problems; I can´t help it. When I see a math problem I gotta solve it!

• @morten200:

IRT CC: I have a feeling that they also use age as an “inhibiting” factor. The older you are, the more smarter (oops, darnit!) you have to be. Perhaps speed was also a factor, since I spent soem time on the math problems; I can´t help it. When I see a math problem I gotta solve it!

are you esl? That may have been a factor if you are as well.

• actually, mensa requirements are the top 2% of whatever test you are taking. there are a lot of different IQ tests, with many different scoring methods, so to standardize it, the people that qualify for mensa must score in the top 2% of any of the mensa approved tests. and 127 is a respectable IQ. the range for average is around 90-110, or something close. at any rate, 127 is in the above average range, and depending on your source, genius tends to start at around 136. and also, you shouldnt place any stock in an internet based IQ test. (I personally have taken a number of them, and scored everywhere from 120 to 180, and that excludes any repeats) so clearly, they are not reliable. if you want to know your IQ, take a written one, probably best to take a mensa accepted one.

• esl???

• esl - english as second language…

and i seem to be too old for that test :) …

• Jan_, I believe you are correct. I know 85 and lower begins Mildly Mentally Retarded(I’m sure that phraseology is unPC.)

@F_alk:

… i seem to be too old for that test :) …

Did you break the website?

• uhm … not that i know … anf if, then not on purpose…
    something wrong with it now?

• I score a 124 on the Emode test, labeled me “Word Warrior”, so maybe all that binge drinking in college paid off somehow :D I decided to google around a bit and you can find most of that test posted in various web forums with all the answers….so I am not putting much weight into that test at all. Guess I am a just average after all, but no one beats me a Yatzee, I will always have that!

• CC: IRT esl: If you take the languages in the chronological order that I learned them, english would be my fourth language. But I speak it better than the other three. I don´t feel that language was the problem in that test. Heck, I didn´t feel there were ANY problems in that test!!! They just gypped me!!!

• @F_alk:

uhm … not that i know … something wrong with it now?

Nope, just the age comment made me ask.

• @morten200:

127. I´m insulted. Either that or I´m not as smart as I´d like to think. In any case, I better not tell my patients ……

i’ve figured it out.
    you’re an orthopaedic surgeon, aren’t you . . . ;)

• …or does he really have to worry about telling his patients if they’re all deaf?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m