• I am new with Axis & Allies board game. So i could have some questions in the future guys :)
    I was told that once you buy units u could only place them next to industries you own atleast for 1 turn (at the start of your turn).
    Also that one can only place as many units as the IPC of the country that has the industry… like you can only place 8 units in russia.
    I cannot find thise things in rules is this so?

1. yes.  For example, if Russia takes over Germany on turn 12, Russia may not place the 12 infantry just purchased on Germany.  Russia must place them on karelia and/or moscow.  However, on turn 13, Russia may place units on Germany.

2. According to the rules, the original factories at the beginning of the game have unlimited production.  However any new factories may only produce the same number of units as the ipc value of that country.  Also, if Russia takes Germany, the german factory is considered “new” to Russia and thus Russia may only place 10 units there.

• And…just to clarify things… once you capture someones capital you get all of their money?

• Yes, the capture of a capital results in the acquisition of all that nations money  :-D

• @221B:

Yes, the capture of a capital results in the acquisition of all that nations money  :-D

Yeah thats realy bad :)
    Thnx for answers!

• Glad I could help.

• Okey guys, i have some more questions :)

I am a bit confused about the money system. You get money before the game starts and they you get money after the first turn too? Do you get money after EVERYONE finished their moves or after I finish my move?

Also i would like to know if i could move my AA gun as soon as i occupy a land territory. For example i occupy a territory on my combat move, it has aan AA gun. Could I then on my move phase move the AA gun, since i know enemy will be taking it on his turn again, and this way i get to remove AA gun from gameplay?

thnx

• On Round 1, each player starts with money that is used (or should) for purchasing stuff.  At the end of the players turn, the player collects the money from the territories owned by that player. So if Germany takes Egypt on G1, germany collects 2 ipcs from Egypt at the end of Germanys turn.  If the UK retakes Egypt on UK1, the UK collects 2 ipcs from Egypt at the end of UKs turn.

You are correct with regards to the AA gun, keep in mind that it can also be moved, during non-combat, to (or from) a transport as well (as long as the transport wasn’t otherwised used during that turn), not just a territory.

• I too have a Q about the AA guns.  When I buy them and place them beside the Industrial Complex, during my next Non-combat move, can i move that piece to another spot and so on and so forth until it has reached the territory i want it ot defend?  I’m a little confused on how it moves.

• Yes.  It may move one (or onto/off a transport) territory on each non-combat move.

• @bpajo:

Also i would like to know if i could move my AA gun as soon as i occupy a land territory. For example i occupy a territory on my combat move, it has aan AA gun. Could I then on my move phase move the AA gun, since i know enemy will be taking it on his turn again, and this way i get to remove AA gun from gameplay?

If you capture an enemy AA gun when you take a territory, you cannot move that captured AA gun until your NEXT non-combat move in the following turn.  The AA gun, whether it fired or not, was part of the battle to take that territory, and no land forces that participated in a battle to seize a territory can be moved in non-combat phase of the same turn.

At least that is how I have been playing it for 17 years… but I could be wrong.

• Switch is right. AA gun you just captured can’t be moved.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m