Yet another reason . . .

• the simple answer is, at the time, the US wanted the support of its arab allies. had we invaded Iraq to the extent we did recently, it would have disappeared. there are many more things to be considered of course, but thats the simple explanation

@Janus1:

the simple answer is, at the time, the US wanted the support of its arab allies. had we invaded Iraq to the extent we did recently, it would have disappeared. there are many more things to be considered of course, but thats the simple explanation

“Arab Allies” refers to Goverments that are allied with Washington… not people… We were “Allied” with buck-making officials who didn’t want to be assasinated… just wanted to clarify 😎

• im not going to argue with that, just say that during Desert Storm, the arab allies of the US did widely support the US. however, their ties to their arab brethren were stronger than their support of us, so even though they did support us, that would have ended if we moved against an arab brother more than they thought was necessary.

just wanted to clarify…… 😉

then that is not an alliance necessarily… depends on how you take it… Stalin and Hitler had a “alliance”(this is not intended for other purposes :roll: :lol: ) I scratch your back you scratch mine… same thing with our “Arab Allies”…

• agreed. poor choice of words. temporary allies

20th Anniversary Give Away

In January 2000 this site came to life and now we're celebrating our 20th Anniversary with a prize giveaway of 30+ prizes. See this link for the list of prizes and winners.
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys
T-shirts, Hats, and More

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys

Users

Topics

1.4m