• Has anyone played enough AA40 to know what the bid is
    Does Axis or Allies get extra money/units ?

We played our first game yesterday, and it looks like Germany can invade the UK before the US can stop them.

• Yeah that is a known problem with OOB rules.  We’ve switched to Alpha 3 rules where AA guns get to fire up to 3 times and there are slightly different unit placements in the setup.

• Even with Alpha 3 new setup that gives germany extra units and takes UK units away (minus the 4 aa guns in UK) I think the allies have an overwhelming advantage. Trying to do a sea lion when US only has to place in one theatre all their money, which happens to be the atlantic, means UK will be liberated and the amount of money lost in taking UK will not be worth it, and Russia will become to strong to deal with. Once US gets rolling it is game over for the axis. I am not sure what a good bid would be. Maybe a couple extra infantry for Italy and germany. I wouldn’t give extra sea units or planes for Germany, as I think this would make sea lion much easier and that was what larry was trying to get away from.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m