• I’ve been thinking this one over for a while:

It seems that the Soviet Far East is a real liability (for the USSR). First of all, I’m a big fan of smaller, tighter defensive borders. Second, the fact that it’s within transport range of Japan seems to doom it to falling early on, anyways. In this vein, I’ve contemplated making a withdrawal to Yakut early on, leaving SFE to be taken by Japan. It seems that 2 IPC’s are worth less than the extra units I’d spend to defend both Yakut and SFE. The only thing that makes me nervous about this is the proximity to Alaska.

Comments?

• '10

Soviets must pull out of Soviet Far East on Russia’s first turn. If they do not Japan may be able to place sufficient forces on Manchuria to destroy any Russian forces that would retreat to Yakut on Russia’s second turn. I would recommend leaving one Russian infantry unit on SFE as a picket. The more targets Japan attempts to hit on its first turn the more chance of the dice going against them. In other words…don’t let Japan have the territory for free make them expend resources in order to take it. Not sure what Alaska has to do with all this though.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m