Question about Marines in A&A Iron Blitz

• I just downloaded the Iron Blitz edition of Axis & Allies from the Underdogs and I was looking over the changes. I see that they’ve got marines now that cost more than infantry but attack/defend/move the same. I’ve found info online that says they get a bonus during anphibous assaults but by how much?

What exactly are the differences? What do you get for marines?

Thanks.

• on amphibious assualkts they attack at 3. a HUGE advantage for the US when it comes to taking japan or for US &UK for taking western europe. i have no idea why they put those in (the game was already slanted enough towards the allies) you could make a case saying it would help the germnas to take the UK, but in the games i play the german player goes after the UK after he’s already done w/ russia, and by then he gets the IPC victory (unless japan is getting slaughtered)

• @StrongBad1988:

on amphibious assualkts they attack at 3. a HUGE advantage for the US when it comes to taking japan or for US &UK for taking western europe. i have no idea why they put those in (the game was already slanted enough towards the allies) you could make a case saying it would help the germnas to take the UK, but in the games i play the german player goes after the UK after he’s already done w/ russia, and by then he gets the IPC victory (unless japan is getting slaughtered)

Thanks for the info. That explains the price. That would be huge.

On to the next question. Are the destroyers worth the price? :wink:

• in iron blitz destroyers attack and defend at 2, and cost 8. they are exactly the same as subs, except that they can fire at planes. as allies buy destroyers, and as axis buy subs

• @StrongBad1988:

in iron blitz destroyers attack and defend at 2, and cost 8. they are exactly the same as subs, except that they can fire at planes. as allies buy destroyers, and as axis buy subs

I didn’t know they could fire at planes! Thanks for the info.

• yeah, destroyers can fire at planes but subs can’t. destroyers also get the “no subs first strinke” thing like in europe and pacific

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m