• what should germany do when the russians try to march you to the sea. assume you have naval and african dominance.

• BUILD INF!
    :roll:

• Russia shouldn’t be able to. Germany has far more starting power, and the ability to build much more. If Russia is aggressive past turn 1 or 2, then they’re going to be losing a lot more units than they can produce. Build infantry and some tanks, use your airforce in counter-attacks, and an aggressive Russia will leave itself totally open. I recommend going to kar, of course.

• This question is like asking: What should America do if Japan is trying to invade the west coast. Assume you have Europe.

Actually, worse. Russia pushing west isn’t uncommon, but naval and African dominance for Germany certainly is.

• New player in town….

What do you mean “naval dominance”…you have destroyed British naval forces for all time!!!  Yes…

And what is “march you to the sea”??? By Ruskies?  If Germans have destroyed British resupply of Russia and you control the IPC of Africa, a very good strategy, Germany should have enough production to resist solo advance by Russia.

If nothing else, a hardy defense, while Japan chops off huge chunks of Asian territory…

• @ericajordan:

New player in town….

What do you mean “naval dominance”…you have destroyed British naval forces for all time!!!  Yes…

And what is “march you to the sea”??? By Ruskies?  If Germans have destroyed British resupply of Russia and you control the IPC of Africa, a very good strategy, Germany should have enough production to resist solo advance by Russia.

If nothing else, a hardy defense, while Japan chops off huge chunks of Asian territory…

i was this game i was playing i was baseing it off of the end of the uk’s 1st turn.  should of waited longer. i had bid a fleet that after desytoting left the UK with 0 ships in the atlantic and 1 trn, 2 subs for me in the med. I also took egypt very strongly and it looked like i would be able to hold it with having the ability to transport to egypt for a fw more turns. i thought i could easily hold afica and the med for a few turns without puting in too many resouces.  i lost.

• Say what?? :?

• is the original poster suggesting that Russia was building a navy?  Cause thats ust dumber then rcoks.  In my experience, russia should NEVER build a navy unless it has some crazy sneaky way to easily invade western europe or southern europe (new edition)…
    But if Russia IS trying to build a naval presence…germany should just give up on naval units for the msot part and jsut make russia pay for every having build any ships at all…

• Cyan, you should have been golden.

what happened in the actual game?

You had naval in the med?  And you destroyed the wicked and evil british shipping?

IMHO, you are well advised to maintain German air power as long as possible to delay Eng or American reinforcements for the Soviets.

Africa is such a big plus because of the drop in Eng IPC against German air.

All the while the Japanese land advance forces Russia to defend Moscow, rather than attack Germany.

What happened to deny you the sweet raw taste of victory?

• @Avin:

This question is like asking: What should America do if Japan is trying to invade the west coast. Assume you have Europe.

Just do your shuck shuck from WUS…

• i’ve never had this happen.  but I would build infantry en masse.  there is NO way the russia can match germany infantry for infantry

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m