• Hello,

I’m a long time avid A&A revised player and I just recently bought A&A 1942 and compared to what I know about Anniversary…  It seems sparse.  (I missed the first run of a&a50 and the ones on eBay are going for $399.00 @_@)  Anyways, I was thinking of just using the NAs and Tech Rolls from Revised as 42 doesnt include them in the instructions (Amongst other things like paper money).  I’m wondering is there any problems with using the revised NAs/Tech  (As I havent played my first game of 42 yet) and if there were any other optional rules I could use to spice up this bland 42.

• One thing about translating NA’s from AA50 would be Italy.  Without Italy, the NA’s would be in favor of Allies.

If you want to play AA50, use the AA 1942 pieces and IL’s big AA 50 map and download the rules from WotC/AH website.

Not sure about the techs.  Paratrooper would wreck havoc as the board is smaller than AA50 and LRA and paratrooper would allow you to reach almost any territory possible.

As for being bland, I would have to disagree, AA 1942 (AAR with AA50 rules) allows for different strategies, (not sure about a bid as it’s still new and people haven’t had enough time to play with it.

Play with it first before modifying.

Good gaming.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m