• @Jermofoot:

Anyone playing it?  A friend of mine loaned it to me since he knew I’m a WW2 freak.  It’s pretty system-intensive, but is a wonderful RTS.  Great physics & fully destructible environment.  Well done AI.  I recommend it.

ROFLCOPTERS!!  Funny that you posted this, I just played this game LAN a whole night straight with my friend Sol.  We did 2 vs 2 against CPU’s.  This game is awesome in every aspect.  Graphics, physics, gameplay, etc.  I love using armor but my friend loves using airborne.  They both have their special attributes.  Hey Jeremo, we should play this game online sometime……im not that good…but Id like to get some practice against a fellow A&A.org member.  :wink:

• I’m down for playing a game.  I still need to buy a copy - probably will happen this week.  We could even do 2 on 2, because my friend really wants to play multiplayer (and I usually prefer it over single player).

• @Jermofoot:

I’m down for playing a game.  I still need to buy a copy - probably will happen this week.  We could even do 2 on 2, because my friend really wants to play multiplayer (and I usually prefer it over single player).

Not to fear!!  My uberness is here!!

http://www.hamachi.cc/

Download the client at the following link.  It allows people to “LAN” via internet, thus even if you dont have your own copy of the game, you can play with the install copy that your friend let you borrow and play “LAN” against someone.  Your friend still gets to keep his cd-key if he wants to play online using his account with relic, and you can still play online.  Of couse if your friends wants to play via hamachi too with you, then youll have to change your cd-key, seeing as you probaly installed the game with his key.  There are cdkey generators though, so its not too hard to do that.  :wink:

• Oh, I’ve already got Hamachi - it’s sweet.  I use it to remote in to work.

I was wondering if we could do a LAN game with same cd key.  Older RTSs had that option, but for internet play you had to have your own copy.  I know you can play the game without the disc though.

• @Jermofoot:

Oh, I’ve already got Hamachi - it’s sweet.  I use it to remote in to work.

I was wondering if we could do a LAN game with same cd key.  Older RTSs had that option, but for internet play you had to have your own copy.  I know you can play the game without the disc though.

Im not sure if you can use the same cd-key, but if you cant, the problem is easily fixed.  Jusy PM me what day you want to play.  :wink:

• This will probably be a Thursday night, or perhaps Friday.  My friend has a rotating 4 day on, 4 day off work schedule that’s hard for me to keep up with.  You are on Pacific time, right?  It may have to be around 11pm or midnight for me (EST), if you can do it.  I’ll let you know more details when I talk with my friend.

Do you have a preference for multiplayer?  I’d love to try the Germs, once I get some more experience with them.

• @Jermofoot:

This will probably be a Thursday night, or perhaps Friday.  My friend has a rotating 4 day on, 4 day off work schedule that’s hard for me to keep up with.  You are on Pacific time, right?  It may have to be around 11pm or midnight for me (EST), if you can do it.  I’ll let you know more details when I talk with my friend.

Do you have a preference for multiplayer?  I’d love to try the Germs, once I get some more experience with them.

Yea im on Pacific time.  So about 9 PM then on Thursday or Friday?  I have no internet at home right now, but my PC is at my friends house lanned routered on a DSL connection.  I was planning on taking it home, but ill leave it there so we can have our match.  :wink:

• My friend is off next on Friday, so it would be the better day.  I could still try and hook-up by myself on Thursday, though.  If you can play earlier, it might work for us (won’t be a problem if you can’t), I just have to make sure my little guy gets to sleep before I get on.

• @Jermofoot:

My friend is off next on Friday, so it would be the better day.  I could still try and hook-up by myself on Thursday, though.  If you can play earlier, it might work for us (won’t be a problem if you can’t), I just have to make sure my little guy gets to sleep before I get on.

You do what you got to do.  The game can wait for another day. Im not in a hurry anyways, me and my friend are cooking up some bomb ass strategies so we can defeat the Nazis.  :lol:

• Ok, we should be on for tonight.  I’ll still have to go buy my copy of the game.

We can probably do it around 11pm or 12.  did you want to try Hamachi?  Or use the client?  PM me with what you want to do.  Also, we’ll be glad to take Axis, but what map?

• @Jermofoot:

Ok, we should be on for tonight.  I’ll still have to go buy my copy of the game.

We can probably do it around 11pm or 12.  did you want to try Hamachi?  Or use the client?  PM me with what you want to do.  Also, we’ll be glad to take Axis, but what map?

My friend left to the San Bernardino area today, so I wont be able to play with us.  I can borrow the copy of his game and install it at my other friends house and play.  Im okay to play at around 4 o’clock pacific time (7 o’clock eastern).  Add me to xfire or msn (ill send you a PM with my addys for both).  I dont have a valid cd key for CoH, so hamachi is the way to go for me.  :wink:

• Good game, but the real killer is multiplayer. The online sucks so much. It was impossible for me to find a game. I tried 4 times and never found a game. I guess I have been spoiled by B.net and Steam.

• @CrazyHomer87:

Good game, but the real killer is multiplayer. The online sucks so much. It was impossible for me to find a game. I tried 4 times and never found a game. I guess I have been spoiled by B.net and Steam.

Do you have it patched?  I heard there was a problem with their setup from the raw release, but an update fixed it.

• Yup, it was patched. I always update everything. I tried different times of day, even Saturday night I still could not find a game.

• by far one of the BEST games I’ve ever played…… however my list is very limited

• Anybody got the Opposing Fronts Expansion for this game yet?

• I don’t, but I’ve read plenty about it.  It adds the Brits and another German Army (Panzer group, I think).  If it’s as good as the main game (it’s standalone or add on), then I’m sure it’s worth it.

• I finnished the German campaign and almost done with the British. Good game. Just as tight as the original but, as one game reveiwer put it, there is alot of micro-managing going on.
    The game gets an additional thumbs up for the inclusion of Canadian infantry and arty. Eh!

• Just got Opposing Fronts.

Highly recommended. :wink:

• How would you describe COH:OF? What’s it like? I have it but haven’t found the time to play it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m