• Hello

In the rulebook it states that a game should take about an hour. However, after a few games, with the time it takes to work out line of sight etc, no game of mine has been under 2-3 hours. How does everyone deal with this? Do you limit the time you are allowed for a turn? The games seem to drag out a bit for me at the moment.

Thanks

•      You’re not alone.  I’m a newby to the game and everytime I’ve played it’s been at least 2 hours with a 100 point army.   Just had a 4 hour 250 point army shootout last night.   If you cut down on the map size the game will go a bit faster and turn into a slugfest.

• I’ve had 100 point games go about an hour. I’ve had 100 point games go 3 hours. I think the rulebook should state that least amount of time to play with be an hour, lol. Then there’s those sweet 4 hour, 300 point battles fought on 8 map pieces with two objectives. Mmmmmm…

I don’t think there’s any issue to address here. No wargame goes fast, even the most simple kinds. Limiting the time a turn can be more of a headache in my opinion. It’s also an unfair advantage for the more experienced player when going up against someone who is less so or doesn’t think as “tactically quick”.

-=Grim=-

• No Issue here regarding length of game, at least on my part.  The game is most enjoyable regardless of how long it takes to play.  I’ve had 12+ hour Axis & Allies matches that end in draws.  I’m sure once we get more experienced it will go a bit faster.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m