• Gentlemen, gentlewomen and gentleits,

Peace and long life(or whatever.)

I meant this to be a pleasant sharing of data.

• Jefe,

Just checking in to see if you have tackled any of these books and your thoughts, there were an awful lot of great works thrown out there for you.

• I’ve jsut started reading Myths and Facts - A Guide to the Arab-Israeli Conflict. It’s very informative and helpful on the subject, especially because it includes information on events since 9/11.

• i just read Slaughter House Five. good and funny book :)

• Have to agree with you, Ewok. :wink:
    As for books… I really suggest The Killer Angels (the book Gettysburg was based on).

• i suggest the book Red Storm Rising by Tom clancy about a possible world war 3. good book and very interesting

• “How Few Remain” by Harry turtledove was a good book describing the world if the Confederate States of America had won the Civil War in 1862.

• Interesting. I’ve always like “What-if” books, and since I’m a Civil War nut, this one is worth checking out. :)

• I also like Harry Turtledove’s alt-history books. Unfortunately, he does have a series where WWII came out differently-no A&A, horror of horrors! :D

• I just finished an excellent book, called “Life Of Pi”. It doesn’t seem to fit in with the other books that have been suggested here, but it’s a good one! Very good storytelling.

• A book that i consider most remarkable:

“Destined to Witness” by Hans J. Massaquoi
    (german title: Neger, Neger, Schornsteinfeger)

have a look at
    http://www.loc.gov/loc/lcib/0003/black_nazi.html

• The web biography was interesting enough to me. :)

• Berard Cornwell-

The man is a genius- Sharpe’s series, Starbuck, Archer’s tale etc.

Jefe- if you are going to read AnnCoulter’s recent book then I
    Highly reccomend Sam Tannenhaus’ biography Whittaker Chambers.

I read TR Frehenbach’s This Kind of War (it’s about the Korean War)
    every June for the last 4 years.

I also reccomend, Stanley Karnow’s, Vietnam.

Recently, I’m reading Ernest R. May’s, Strange Victory. It’s about how the French lost against The Germans in 1940.

-Joseph Ellis’, Founding Brothers.

-John Earl Haynes & Harvey Klehr’s Venona:
    Decoding Soviet Espionage in America.

And Reading the Lord of the Rings Books with my oldest.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m