US Lend Lease 1/2 IPCs, only attacks when NA/SA attacked…

• The US supplies the Allies 1/2 of its IPC count rounded down on odd #s.

No inf can be provided. Allies must pay 1 IPC for each unit supplied upon delivery to UK or USSR. An additional IPC will be paid every fourth turn after purchase until the unit is paid off.

All units are 2 IPCs cheaper.

Whatcha think?

• I’m a little confused. This is for original A&A, right? How long does it last? Because I could see for the first couple of turns, but not the whole game. Also, I don’t think I’ve ever played a game that lasted long enough to pay off the units. That being said, once I get un-confused and this rule gets modified, I might even grow to like it. At the very least I can always build a Russian Navy! :lol:

• Ummm… you sort of lost me. Maybe you shouldn’t alter the rules so radically, at least not until you got the grassroots laid down.

• i wouldnt help the allies anymore in A&A. they start off good enough. i use a rule where all american production goes to the east(Japan) so germany can take europe and africa without of threat operation torch

• @Zhukov_2003:

i wouldnt help the allies anymore in A&A. they start off good enough. i use a rule where all american production goes to the east(Japan) so germany can take europe and africa without of threat operation torch

I don’t like the idea of forcing US to spend all it’s income in the Pacific, perhaps forcing US to split it’s income between the Pacific & Atlantic … but, then this is similiar to TG’s East-West US variant – you should give that a try!

• the US can still build units in eastern usa and build ships there but they most attack japan first and work their way to germany

i will give TG’s varient a try thanx

• I think that El Jefe’s variant. :)

• @TG:

I think that El Jefe’s variant. :)

Huh? :roll:

• Answering your questions/comments…

(GI)This rule/variant is for Original A&A. A four(or less) player game, one playing US & USSR.

(GI)Lend-Lease applies until the Axis attacks the US holdings on the North America, South America, Hawaii and/or Cuba territories. Lend-Lease may apply for the whole game.

(Z_3)This does not “help the Allies”. It handicaps them by limiting the US to spending 1/2 or a fraction under(for rounding down) the available US IPCs.

OK, thanks for the questions/comments to help me “grassroots” it.
    Here goes more details…

US & USSR(or the Allied) player keeps track and is verified by the Axis player(or one of the Axis players.)

US player may not attack. The US may move its starting units normally on any US turn, but Combat Movement and Combat are not permited . The US may move units to reinforce/defend the Chi and Sin territories.

On the US turn the US supplies the Allies 1/2 of its IPC count rounded down on odd #s(e.g., 36 IPCs supplies 18 Lend-Lease IPCs worth of units. Another e.g., 31 IPCs supplies 15 Lend-Lease IPCs[rounded down] worth of units). All Lend-Lease units are 2 IPCs cheaper(e.g., 1 trn = 6 IPCs, 1 arm = 3 IPCs). The reduced cost is due to crews not being provided for the units. No inf can be provided in Lend-Lease.

The starting units that may be chosen as Lend-Lease are the AA units, ftrs, bmr, arm and trns on or adjacent to the US. The total value may not exceed 18 IPCs for these starting Lend-Lease units(e.g., 2 ftrs = 20 LL IPCs is not allowed. Another e.g., 1 ftr(10), 1 AA(3) and 1 arm(3) = 16 IPCs is permited. The AA and arm units would be transported by US transports.

After the Lend-Lease build, the remaining US IPCs may be spent building transports for the Lead-Lease transfer. These transports will remain under US control.

Additional US units may be built, but may not be used in an attack. They may be stockpiled in the US to defend against attack and in preparation for a possible Axis attack.

Lend-Lease sea units sunk before reaching the UK sz_or_ Kar sz do not cost the UK or USSR any IPCs. Lend-Lease air or land units destroyed before reaching the UK or Kar territory are lost income in the Lend-Lease program.

UK & USSR must pay the US 2 IPCs for each unit supplied upon delivery to UK or USSR. **Two(2) additional IPCs per unit(unless the remaining payment for a unit is 1 IPC) will be paid every second turn.

The UK & USSR player(s) must continue to pay the US for units that have reached UK or USSR territory and are under UK or USSR control until the cost(IPC value -2, e.g. arm = 3 IPCs) is paid off.

The UK & USSR DO NOT HAVE TO PAY for any units that do not reach the UK or the USSR. The UK & USSR may move the newly arrived units under their control on their next turns.

If any US transports are sunk on any turn the US player(Allies) will lodge a protest with the appropriate(Japanese or German) embassy. The second time any US transports are sunk the US joins the Allies. Choose your attacks wisely.

If Japan or Germany attacks the US holdings North America, South America, Hawaii and/or Cuba the remaining IPCs may be used to purchase ANY type of unit, including infantry.

After the US holdings(or transports a second time) have been attacked the US(Allied) player may chose to spend ALL US IPCs building US forces.

Denote Lend-Lease units by placing the on the board on a piece of paper with LL written on it. If the paper and space are large enough you might keep the LL payment info on it, too. Move the unit off the paper after it has been paid off Lend-Lease.

The Axis Player(s) may choose not to attack the US or its transports durring the game if they can win by IPC victory or defeating 2 of the 3 Allied powers.

Better? More questions?

As for the US goes west scenario… won’t that make it work out so that USSR falls about the same time as Japan?**

• It makes more sense now that I it’s been fully explained. One of the challenges here would be protecting E. U. S. from a sudden German attack, but it would probably be easy enough to destroy any German transports.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m