Liberal Media Idiots and Their Biases(Conservatives, too)

• I’m not sayin’ they’re all liberals(87% are according to two polls taken.)

They’re not all this bad, but…
    A few examples…

Peter Arnett was seen by some as sympathetic to the Iraqi regime in both this war and the 1991 Gulf War, when he reported from Baghdad for CNN.

(A major portion of Arnett’s interview on Iraqi TV)
    ARNETT: "…it is clear that within the United States there is growing challenge to President Bush about the conduct of the war and also opposition to the war. So our reports about civilian casualties here, about the resistance of the Iraqi forces, are going back to the United States. It helps those who oppose the war when you challenge the policy to develop their arguments…

"…I think American policy and strategy is the weakest when it comes to the Iraqi people. The U.S. administration is concerned with the possibility of killing civilians, because the international community is very concerned about the Iraqi people. President Bush says he is concerned about the Iraqi people, but if Iraqi people are dying in numbers, then American policy will be challenged very strongly…

"…For that reason, the Pentagon keeps saying that the civilian casualties, particularly in Baghdad in the last three or four days, at the market places – the Pentagon says – well they are Iraqi missiles that land amongst the people. They keep saying that, but of course the Iraqi government says they are clearly cruise missiles that hit the population…

"…the American war planners misjudged the determination of the Iraqi forces…

“…That is why now America is re-appraising the battlefield, delaying the war, maybe a week, and re-writing the war plan. The first war plan has failed because of Iraqi resistance now they are trying to write another war plan.”

***After being fired by National Geographic, MSNBC and NBC Arnett was hired immediately by Britain’s Daily Mirror, a tabloid against the war. “I report the truth of what is happening here in Baghdad and will not apologize for it,” he said in his first dispatch.

Regarding Geraldo Rivera,yes, FOXNews does have liberals …
    Rivera was wrong to reveal tactical information about the 101st Airborne Division. He drew a map in the dirt showing where the unit was going. U.S. military officials were right to demand that he be withdrawn.

Rivera was a solid if flamboyant reporter in his early years but later became an embarrassment. While reporting for Fox from Afghanistan, he claimed to be standing on “hallowed ground” where American soldiers had been killed by friendly fire. It turned out that was not true.

When conservative reporter Michael Kelly died, in an acccident in Iraq, I saw short blurbs on the local and network news regarding his death. NBC referred to him as “caustic.” Nothing personal was said.

When liberal reporter David Bloom died, of a pulmonary embolism in Iraq, He was mentioned once on the local news and three times on the NBC network news. The worst thing they said about him was that he was a “father of three girls.” Ther Saturday morning news crew and Tom Brokaw all gushed over the loss.
    –------------------------------------------

Sorry, but I had to get this off my brain(to give it an outlet.)
    I couldn’t find the forum where liberal and conservative news was discussed. I know it was off the original topic there.

• The Liberal News Media, a formerly true myth…

Peter Arnett ……

MSNBC immediately fired him without hesitation, cutting out their only man in Bagdad.

Regarding Geraldo Rivera…

A reporter for Fox News, you know, the opposite of CNN?

When conservative reporter Michael Kelly died, in an acccident in Iraq, I saw short blurbs on the local and network news regarding his death. NBC referred to him as “caustic.” Nothing personal was said.

When liberal reporter David Bloomberg died, of a pulmonary embolism in Iraq, He was mentioned once on the local news and three times on the NBC network news. The worst thing they said about him was that he was a “father of three girls.” Ther Saturday morning news crew and Tom Brokaw all gushed over the loss.

David Bloom was the top corrospondent for NBC and MSNBC embedded in the war. NBC gave a tribute to him. Don’t know about Michael Kelly, I don’t even believe he had a video camera with him.

• Not sure if I can really imagine Saddam getting his intelligence information from Geralado drawing pictures in the sand. :D but all the same, I think Geraldo should be fired also.

• @Xi:

Peter Arnett was seen by some as sympathetic to the Iraqi regime in both this war and the 1991 Gulf War, when he reported from Baghdad for CNN….

"…I think American policy and strategy is the weakest when it comes to the Iraqi people. The U.S. administration is concerned with the possibility of killing civilians, because the international community is very concerned about the Iraqi people. President Bush says he is concerned about the Iraqi people, but if Iraqi people are dying in numbers, then American policy will be challenged very strongly…

"…For that reason, the Pentagon keeps saying that the civilian casualties, particularly in Baghdad in the last three or four days, at the market places – the Pentagon says – well they are Iraqi missiles that land amongst the people. They keep saying that, but of course the Iraqi government says they are clearly cruise missiles that hit the population…

Ok, so what is wrong about the statements?
    The first includes an “i think” at the beginning and an “if-then with present and future” combination at the end? ANything wrong with it?
    The second… well, the Pentagon also says that the shrapnels of US missiles found there were brought there by Iraqi officials… and he gives both sides version: is that bad journalism?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m