What Moral Basis for One World Government Laws?

• simple.
    Lock me in a room with pizza delivery, a rotating bevy of cute girls, and a computer and a phone.
    I´ll draft up a list, consulting people who i deem important. I´ll accept advice from people i disagree with.
    At the end of it, i expect a nice home to retire too with a nice pension package.
    My laws would be fair and just. The punishment would fit the crime, and systems would be in place so that people were acutely aware of the punishments, and ways of avoiding them.

• yea Nj is kinda Religous. but yanny dont u think if we censord all religons we would be Anti Religous. i mean its not like people are stoppin from saying Agnostic or Athiest things but they are stopping people from saying Secular things. i mean there are more Religous peps then Non in our counrty.

• Yanny I’m surprised New Jersey is so religious and still vote Democrat!!!
    If those things are happening how come the ACLU hasn’t made a big deal about??

Very true DasEwokSS but a religious majority should not push its views on a non-religious minority. The issue is very complex but has a simple answer, have a true seperation of church and state. And have people follow it.

• it shouldnt. but Non Religous Community techinicly in this society should not be able to push there ideas on Religous people. but since im not a religous person i say restrict religon as much as u can ;)

• @cystic:

simple.
    Lock me in a room with pizza delivery, a rotating bevy of cute girls, and a computer and a phone.
    I´ll draft up a list, consulting people who i deem important. I´ll accept advice from people i disagree with.

Do you need my phone number?
    Can i get a share of the money you egt afterwards ;)? …
    I wouldn’t tell any portuguese girl about the cuties that visited you :D

• @Yanny:

Did I say we should follow one particular idealogy? No, we shouldn’t. I’m talking about simple rules that people look to Religion for. Don’t Kill. Don’t Steal. These are basic principles of common sense.

New Jersey is very religious. Stores have to pay a huge fine to open on Sundays. In school, especially in grades 4-6, we were forced to pick a Religion for various class projects and reports. The list of religions for one report was made up of about 20 Christian denominations, Jewish, Muslim, Buddist, ect. Athiest or Agnostic was not mentioned. Thats just one example of Religion in schools. Recently a school in South Jersey got into a battle with a parent who had a problem with a speech at their High School graduation ceremony. The school allowed a student to make a speech saying things like “I encourage my fellow students to follow the Lord for guidance” and “Christianity pays an important part in all of our lives”.

A similar case happened in California a few weeks ago, and they rightfully allowed the school to censor the speech.

Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh……
    So where is this child’s protection of free-speech? I thought we were so concerned about protecting the right’s of others? Why aren’t you protecting this child’s right to free speech?

Show me where in the constitution or bill or rights it says that we cannot mention or involve religion in school. Niether of them do. In fact, what it DOES say is that there cannot be one national religion for this country. But, thanks to the politically correct judges, the entire thing has been blown out of proportion. This is not how the founding fathers created our country.

Please tell me Yanny, if that person mentioned “the Lord” in his school speech, how does that infringe on your rights? Is it emotionally scarring? Perhaps even traumatizing? I’ve never understood this….

• DasEwokSS becareful what sounds like a good way to restrict religion could some how be twisted to restrict your rights.

Deviant:Scripter would it bother you if somebody praised Satan in a school speech bother you?? What gods should be allowed in school speeches?? Who decides what gods or religions can be talked about in public.

• If a Muslim prayer was recited at a public (or school) speech I’m certain Christians present would have their say about it…

Deviant- Are you equally willing to protect the rights of a Muslim’s free speech?

Clearly, public schools avoid the religious issue due to the potential hailstorm of rights violations from minority faiths. Politicians won’t dare risk careers on it, either.

I’m certain in New Jersey, (growing up there myself in a strong Roman Catholic area), the scales will easily dip towards the Christian arena…

• @F_alk:

@cystic:

simple.

Do you need my phone number?
    Can i get a share of the money you egt afterwards ;)? …
    I wouldn’t tell any portuguese girl about the cuties that visited you :D

damn, i could write a book.
    maybe one day . . . .

• Please tell me Yanny, if that person mentioned “the Lord” in his school speech, how does that infringe on your rights? Is it emotionally scarring? Perhaps even traumatizing? I’ve never understood this….

Why should I be forced to listen to some idiot preach to me? Its a waste of my time and theirs. When I go to my High School graduation, I want to hear about my High School, not some fake Diety. It is not their business to be praising the Lord in school. The school is not a converting ground.

Why should there be a double standard for Religions? The Christian Religion is accepted everywhere, but a Hindu or a Buddist or a Muslim or a Silhk (sp) couldn’t get up and give the same speech. All these Religions are false and should have no place in a public school.

• @Yanny:

Please tell me Yanny, if that person mentioned “the Lord” in his school speech, how does that infringe on your rights? Is it emotionally scarring? Perhaps even traumatizing? I’ve never understood this….

Why should I be forced to listen to some idiot preach to me? Its a waste of my time and theirs. When I go to my High School graduation, I want to hear about my High School, not some fake Diety. It is not their business to be praising the Lord in school. The school is not a converting ground.

Why should there be a double standard for Religions? The Christian Religion is accepted everywhere, but a Hindu or a Buddist or a Muslim or a Silhk (sp) couldn’t get up and give the same speech. All these Religions are false and should have no place in a public school.

but the allowing of a person to “preach” does not fall under “free speach”? The ability of Klansmen to gather in front of a city hall to preach against and denounce “niggers” and Jews and Catholics is appropriate and should be allowed as this is a “real belief”? Too many examples of what i think are wrong, wastes of time and energy, bizaare preachings and messages. At the same time, I accept that this is what they have to say, and whether i disagree with their message or not, it is their right to say it under whatever constitution you worship.
    I´d say deal with this as a small price to pay for freedoms that are related in some twisted and sick perverted way. You, F_alk and Fin all preach anti-religious propaganda with religious fervor. One might make a case for a religion (in its intensity and fervor).

• I’m gonna start a new country tomorrow.
    Soon as I finish this cigar.
    I’ll write the Xinstitution
    on the back of my book of matches.

• but the allowing of a person to “preach” does not fall under “free speach”? The ability of Klansmen to gather in front of a city hall to preach against and denounce “niggers” and Jews and Catholics is appropriate and should be allowed as this is a “real belief”?

You wouldn’t allow a KKK member to speak at graduation. There are certain lines which have to be drawn. As students, we are not given the right of free speech.

• Deviant:Scripter would it bother you if somebody praised Satan in a school speech bother you?? What gods should be allowed in school speeches?? Who decides what gods or religions can be talked about in public.

Hell yes it would bother me. :evil:

Why should I be forced to listen to some idiot preach to me?

Since when is MENTIONING the word “God” preaching?

preach - To advocate, especially to urge acceptance of or compliance with. (Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary)

Nobody is forcing you to accept or even to agree with it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m