• cystic crypt and yourbuttocks, you should be ashamed to have let this string get this out of hand! Look where it went afterwards.

@Anonymous:

T1 Germany, factory on Egypt. The rest of the game, buy 1 tank & 1 inf for Egypt, spend the rest on inf to buy time in Europe.

Impossible! Factories can’t be placed on newly acquired territories!
    @Anonymous:

Japan T1, ignore US fleet, take Australia, put two factories on the mainland. T2, pump tanks & inf on mainland and pull all navy back to Japan to defend.

**Impossible!**See above! and 2 ICs(Industrial Complexs) cost 30 IPCs, but you start the turn with only 25 IPCs. Besides, the objective is Russia… take it and victory is close at hand.

See what you think…
    Suggestions:
    G1 PURCHASE 8 INF and 1 TRN.
    COMBAT MOVES
    -Attack Navy in UK sz[sea zone] (using BLK Sea TRN & SUB if still around, 2 FTR and BMR)
    -attack W Can sz UK TRN(with W Eur FTR) and
    -attack GIB sz UK BB(use W Eur SUB & UKR FTR)
    –-May have to skip W Can sz as well as W Med sz(sub).
    Land BMR and 1 FTR in W Eur. Other FTRs to E Eur.
    NEVER attack naval units with BMR alone!
    Take FWA with ALG INF. Take FEA with blitz by ARM(return to LIB.)
    Do not move S Eur BB or TRN.
    NONCOM MOVES TRN 2 INF to LIB for next turn invasion of AES.
    Move all posible ARM to E Eur, 2 INF from GER to W Eur,
    PLACEMENT 6 INF in GER/ 2 INF & TRN at S Eur(next turn maybe 2 INF & 1 ARM to AES for invasion.)
    UK may try BMR and SUB attack v. GER BB & 2 TRNs.

J1 PURCHASE 2 TRN & 3 INF.
    COMBAT MOVES
    -atttack HAW sz US CA, SUB and FTR v. CA(carrier) 2 BB, SUB, 2 FTR(1 from CA, 1 from PHI thru JPN sz) Do NOT INVADE HAW. On J2, move back to JPN, then maybe toward Africa with TRN & 2 INF.
    -attack CHI(?) US FTR & 2 INF v. BMR & FTR(JPN)/ 1 INF & FTR(FICB)/
    2 INF(KWA)
    -MAYBE attack SEA ? RUS units v.3 INF & ftr (MAN) or more to CHI.
    -Maybe attack IND if UK retreated.
    Land BMR in JPN until safe to land closer to RUSSIAn capital to STRAT BOMB, land FTRs in FICB and one in MAN.
    NONCOM MOVES2 INF by TRN to MAN(unless used to invade CHI or reinforce FICB.
    PLACEMENT2 TRN in JPN sz and 3 INF on JPN.

• kritic, I sense extreme hostility here, do I know you?

• @Sum:

cystic crypt and yourbuttocks, you should be ashamed to have let this string get this out of hand! Look where it went afterwards…

not my fault/problem.

@Anonymous:

T1 Germany, factory on Egypt. The rest of the game, buy 1 tank & 1 inf for Egypt, spend the rest on inf to buy time in Europe.

Impossible! Factories can’t be placed on newly acquired territories!.

yeah, i assumed he was talking about T2

@Anonymous:

Japan T1, ignore US fleet, take Australia, put two factories on the mainland. T2, pump tanks & inf on mainland and pull all navy back to Japan to defend.

**Impossible!**See above! and 2 ICs(Industrial Complexs) cost 30 IPCs, but you start the turn with only 25 IPCs. Besides, the objective is Russia… take it and victory is close at hand.

be nice. I did address this.

Also that second Jap IC would have to wait until J2.

See what you think…
    Suggestions:
    G1 PURCHASE 8 INF and 1 TRN.
    COMBAT MOVES
    -Attack Navy in UK sz[sea zone] (using BLK Sea TRN & SUB if still around, 2 FTR and BMR)
    -attack W Can sz UK TRN(with W Eur FTR) and
    -attack GIB sz UK BB(use W Eur SUB & UKR FTR)
    –-May have to skip W Can sz as well as W Med sz(sub).
    Land BMR and 1 FTR in W Eur. Other FTRs to E Eur.
    NEVER attack naval units with BMR alone!
    Take FWA with ALG INF. Take FEA with blitz by ARM(return to LIB.)
    Do not move S Eur BB or TRN.
    NONCOM MOVES TRN 2 INF to LIB for next turn invasion of AES.
    Move all posible ARM to E Eur, 2 INF from GER to W Eur,
    PLACEMENT 6 INF in GER/ 2 INF & TRN at S Eur(next turn maybe 2 INF & 1 ARM to AES for invasion.)
    UK may try BMR and SUB attack v. GER BB & 2 TRNs.

J1 PURCHASE 2 TRN & 3 INF.
    COMBAT MOVES
    -atttack HAW sz US CA, SUB and FTR v. CA(carrier) 2 BB, SUB, 2 FTR(1 from CA, 1 from PHI thru JPN sz) Do NOT INVADE HAW. On J2, move back to JPN, then maybe toward Africa with TRN & 2 INF.
    -attack CHI(?) US FTR & 2 INF v. BMR & FTR(JPN)/ 1 INF & FTR(FICB)/
    2 INF(KWA)
    -MAYBE attack SEA ? RUS units v.3 INF & ftr (MAN) or more to CHI.
    -Maybe attack IND if UK retreated.
    Land BMR in JPN until safe to land closer to RUSSIAn capital to STRAT BOMB, land FTRs in FICB and one in MAN.
    NONCOM MOVES2 INF by TRN to MAN(unless used to invade CHI or reinforce FICB.
    PLACEMENT2 TRN in JPN sz and 3 INF on JPN.
    not bad. i’ve played similar to this.

• Out of all of this I would like to address MC’s question about when and where to place an IC? I am a relative newbie but i have extracted much wisdom from internet sites and played a few of them out. In a non Russia Restricted game, I have been succesful with Britain placing an IC in India. To make this work Russia should attack Manchuria with 5 inf 1arm and a fighter from Russia. Britain should reinfoce India by moving it’s transport to the Red sea picking up 1inf from Egypt and 1inf fron Syria to India. move the Egypt tank to Persia. Fly airforce to russia. Use thi force in Asia to thwart Japan.
    Another option is for the UK to place an IC in South Africa. This might be good if germany has taken Egypt on t1. This might help the UK keep control of Africa with the US landing in Algeria. If japan is wise they might take your IC later. But allof this helps Russia.
    As Japan, buy transports before ICs early in the game. Go hard in Asia especially US China on t1 and Russia. Try to get your IPC level into the forties before thinking about an IC. Then possibilities include Burma India or South Africa, which I have done in a recent game.
    In general, ICs are expensive and must be well defended. use them to project power where transports or other assets can’t reach.
    Also remember ther are exceptions to every rule. The mind is like a parachute. It works best when opened.

• Sorry cys! I missed the “…will have to wait…” line.
    We all make mistakes. Heh, heh!

al, nope! You haven’t had the displeasure :P .

• Unfortunately, there is no one strategy that will work everytime. The dice roll has alot to do with that. Axis: Germany has to take out Russia and secure Africa. Japan has to take out the American Navy, threaten Alaska, take India and push back Russia. This has to be done witin the 1st 3 rounds. Axis must go on the offensive. Allies will be on the defensive. From there it is just a matter of how well people roll the dice. So far, everything I have read above, there is a counter move. My personal favorite move is to buy lots of bombers for UK and and take away Germany’s money.

T

• Is somebody out there making up rules as they play?
    I saw Germany building an IC on AES on G1 (T1 in the post.) IMPOSSIBLE.
    I saw Japan building 2 ICs on Australia(What a WASTE!) and it’s
    ONLY 1 IC per TERRRITORY per the rules.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m