What Other Strategy Board Games Do You Recommend???

• “Napoleon in Europe” sounds much like the AH “Empires in Arms” …. is a re-make of that or an entirely new game?

• @TG:

I dunno, they rush out a lot of their games half-finished.

Like what? :-?

I think he means that some of their rules are not clarified and are open to interpretation.
    They do have an errata for both ACW and NiE.

• I think he means that some of their rules are not clarified and are open to interpretation.
    They do have an errata for both ACW and NiE.

Maybe, though that’s far from being “half-finished.” Also they’re one of the only companies that gives active customer support and provides 3 different rule sheets.

“Napoleon in Europe” sounds much like the AH “Empires in Arms” …. is a re-make of that or an entirely new game?

I don’t think so. NiE is even better.

I have their American Civil War, Napolean in Europe and Civilization games. There all f…ing wicked. Nobody is even close.

I love Civil War.

• @F_alk:

“Napoleon in Europe” sounds much like the AH “Empires in Arms” …. is a re-make of that or an entirely new game?

Its new game altogether.
    Its light on the rules side, but far more playable.
    It not a historical simulation however, so if thats your bag, you might not like it as much.

Eagle games has come up with a whole new genre for board games.

• I can highly recommend Diplomacy and American Civil War. I play them with TG all the time. Diplomacy involves more political strategy, but you are guaranteed a good time. Stay away from Campaign for North Africa, and you will be fine. It is looonnnnngggg… ~_~;;

• diplomacy is a great game… i love being the the corner nations (UK and turkey) b/c they are easy to defend, and if you make the right alliances you can pull out a victory easily with one of those 2. germany is also an intersting country, b/c there are so many different choices you can make to who you can be allied to. unfortunately, in one of my last games EVERYBODY teamed up on germnay (except for turkey and italy, but theres not much they could do to help) and i was crushed :(

• So sad… :cry: My favorite is her majesty’s Great Britain. I never went wrong with her in Axis and Allies when waves of my bombers descended on Germany, and I have not gone wrong with them in Diplomacy. Just do not tell my brother that. ^_~;;

• how come? was your brother germany?

• [Gulp]… You see, TG has this strong inclination against strategic bombing. In one game with TG, where he played the Axis powers, I sent a aerial armada of four bombers on a strategic bombing raid on Berlin. None of my bombers got shot down and they all rolled six’s, causing 24 I.P.C.'s worth of damage. TG faced turned so red that he literally threw the game out the window and did not speak to me for a week. I hope I will not anger him too much when he reads this… :oops:

• many people on this site strongly critcize SBR’s, but i think they are VERY useful, especially when you are the allies, or if you are germnay in A&A europe and you want to knock off an infantryman or two that russia will buy the next turn.

• Pretty much any game made by Rio Grande games is fun to play. Here’s their website:

http://www.riograndegames.com/

Off the list of games they have I have played:
    Medina
    Edison and Co
    El Grande
    Tikal
    Fossil
    Kahuna

I liked all of them except Edison and Co which is a rather boring racing game of wacky machines. El Grande is a great area/war game that I highly recommend.

• most of them do look pretty interesting, but nowhere as good as good ol’ A&A. one that did look kind of intersting was barbarossa, i think that was made by the same guy who made settlers of catan, and it was best game of the year for 1988 or something. have you played that one yet zero?

• Ah yes, good ole Rio Grande games. They make Vinci right?

• Gulp]… You see, TG has this strong inclination against strategic bombing. In one game with TG, where he played the Axis powers, I sent a aerial armada of four bombers on a strategic bombing raid on Berlin. None of my bombers got shot down and they all rolled six’s, causing 24 I.P.C.'s worth of damage. TG faced turned so red that he literally threw the game out the window and did not speak to me for a week. I hope I will not anger him too much when he reads this…

Grrrrr… you are the most lucky, worst player ever! :evil: One game??? Try every frickin’ time!!! Every time this has to happen!!! My troops are driving onto the Russia and holding Africa, and all of sudden 5 US and UK bombers appear out of nowhere and destroy my whole economic base!! :o Then you even strafe my arm and inf with your bombers— how stupid and lucky can you be??? Heck, your SBR strategy has as much strategy as a monkey pushing buttons! Only a fool trust himself to SBRs! :x

• @TG:

Gulp]… You see, TG has this strong inclination against strategic bombing. In one game with TG, where he played the Axis powers, I sent a aerial armada of four bombers on a strategic bombing raid on Berlin. None of my bombers got shot down and they all rolled six’s, causing 24 I.P.C.'s worth of damage. TG faced turned so red that he literally threw the game out the window and did not speak to me for a week. I hope I will not anger him too much when he reads this…

Grrrrr… you are the most lucky, worst player ever! :evil: One game??? Try every frickin’ time!!! Every time this has to happen!!! My troops are driving onto the Russia and holding Africa, and all of sudden 5 US and UK bombers appear out of nowhere and destroy my whole economic base!! :o Then you even strafe my arm and inf with your bombers— how stupid and lucky can you be??? Heck, your SBR strategy has as much strategy as a monkey pushing buttons! Only a fool trust himself to SBRs! :x

You all see this? This is why i’m kind to TM - with a brother like this, she needs someone on her side, if only to keep her spirits somewhat buoyed . . . .

• Et tu, Cystic Crypt? :wink:

But seriously, I’ll admit that TM can be a half-way decent player and sometimes when we do play Civil War, she does legitimately win. HOWEVER, there is a BIG difference between being beaten by luck and beaten by skill. Going full time SBRs requires just as much intelligence as a rock, which is sad to say considering TM is capable of so much more. If she were to develop a good strategy then I wouldn’t mind so much.

Oh yeah, sisters are terrible Blah Blah Blah and all that. :P

• @StrongBad1988:

most of them do look pretty interesting, but nowhere as good as good ol’ A&A. one that did look kind of intersting was barbarossa, i think that was made by the same guy who made settlers of catan, and it was best game of the year for 1988 or something. have you played that one yet zero?

No I haven’t tried barbarossa yet. I was lucky for a while I lived near to a guy that collected Rio Grande games, and we would play every other week. :)

• TM has damn good luck! She destroyed Yakut (7 inf, 1 tank) with 5 Infantry, 1 Tank, 3 Ftr, and took no casualties!

• usually the luck evens out during the course of the game, but sometimes not. i’m sure TM didn’t have that much luck, i bet it was all strategy :P

• Go into Games and check out our game. I was winning, then in one round she utterly wipes me out…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m