• @Bardoly:

So… no other folks who’ve designed a game or 2 before?

I designed some simple games way back when I was a teenager, but have long forgotten them.

• @Brain:

@Bardoly:

So… no other folks who’ve designed a game or 2 before?

I designed some simple games way back when I was a teenager, but have long forgotten them.

go to your old room in your parents house and look for it (assuming you do not live with them anymore)

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

Bardoly, very impressive, those games sound like great learning tools.  I know that the teachers that showed your level of passion really touched my life throughout my life.  However, a slight bone of contention, more of a nitpick really.  Technically, Canada has only 10 provinces and 3 territories.  Off the top of my head I am not actually sure what the differrences are other than no provincial parliment members I guess.  Kudos for knowing we now have 3 territories over the recent total of 2, I wonder how many Canucks knew that?   :wink:

Actually, there is no bone of contention at all.  I was just making the description simple, but both in the game and on the map, there were 10 provinces and 3 territories.  Each territory card had the name and capital of each state/province/territory on it so as to help the students remember the capitals.  I don’t have the information handy, but I remember that the 3 Canadian territories’ special ability was called “Polar Bears and Eskimos” and was a lighthearted special defense ability making it difficult for attackers to attack any of the territories (because it is so cold up there).

• '12

Well I have to say it once more, impressive!  Sorry for even implying the total of 13 was not just a simplification.  You know how it is with small insignificant nations, we get that Napolean syndrome!

• I didn’t design it, but I was good friends with the guy that started it and was one of the players.

He had quite a few pieces of paper that were an overhead map of the playing area representing what was going on.  Every player (probably 8 of us or so, including the creator) had a base and so much “money” to do things to attack or protect their base.  He would see the players at different classes each day and ask them to do their turn, so by the time it was yours, a lot had changed.  I remember one guy built a fortified walkway to the creator’s base for protection, you get different types of guys to attack/defend, and once a tornado came through and destroyed most of the map.  The creator was pretty biased for himself, but I don’t think he outright eliminated people.  It was pretty fun though, as a kid.

Also, it was the first time I remember hearing the word “hooker” (you could hire one for whatever reason in the game) and repeated it later, which got me in trouble.

Speaking of board game design, I’ve got some designs I am working on. Does anyone know of a website with good printable blank card templates? These of course would be for a standard 8 1/2" x 11" piece of paper.

GG

• @Guerrilla:

Speaking of board game design, I’ve got some designs I am working on. Does anyone know of a website with good printable blank card templates? These of course would be for a standard 8 1/2" x 11" piece of paper.

GG

This might work for you.

http://www.dvorakgame.co.uk/index.php/Template:Card

• @Guerrilla:

GG

How do you use the blank card templates?

Build game cards…

GG

• Junebug baseball. You get around an outside utility light at night with a baseball bat and swing away. The person with the most connections with Junebugs is the winner.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m