• Full out invasion of Russia doesn’t work. Japan needs awhile to weaken Russia first

• I agree with SUD on one point here, a US IC in Finland can be very scary indeed. Will make Japan’s job that much harder.

I prefer to just transport 4 inf a turn into Africa (buy 1 Trn T1) for as long as possible. Trick is to try and get the Allied airforce out of position so you can keep those transports there. Remember, Bombers can hit Central Med. from Karelia, and still fly back there in relative safety.

• I was kind of hard reading SUD’s post… :(

• I’d like to hear the man talk, he’d make my head spin. And damn, I hope I don’t have to end up playing him.

• Yeah… I don’t mind long post. But I would like them to be a bit more organized if that isn’t asking for too much. :)

• Wad e zay?

• Maybe SUD would like to explain it against to patient listeners? :)

• maybe bid 2 trannys of italy and then buy a tranny and a sub to protect?

• bid 2 trannys of italy

Sorry… could you run that through to me again? :)

• nothing, I screwed up :oops:

• Here is my germ moves with 6-9 bids rr bid in Libya

purchases : bomber+5 infs or 10 infs

Egypt with 5(6) infs+ tanks (i hope to have at least 5units)

Spain sub vs eUsa tranny

fighter vs Lab tranny

sub+tranny +4fig+bomber VS north sea

–------------------------------------------------------------------------
    main differences are …

I didnt buy a blocker. But since ive bought a bomber and killed (i hope) the USA tranny he will need to send the BB to north sea if he want to have a carrier on uk1.

I have a good shot at killing the us tranny (preventing Algeria on US 1 wich im sure is a bad move anyway)

For Labrador I could send the bomb instead of the figther but i think its sligthly superior the other way around.

I think that sometimes the 2nd germ tranny is useless but that my extra bomb can be trade for Russian IPC by strat bomb them.

Benoit Lessard

• Part 2

My fleet battle are a bit riskier and i dont save 2 finland infs too often. But chance are great that UK wont buy fleet on turn 1. 2Bomb +5 fighter VS carr bb+tranny+2fighter is a good battle.

Im not forced to do Caucasus(1inf+1tank is the way to do it – not 3infs) because i do not have a tranny in Cmed.On the downside i dont have 2 extra men in Africa.

Basically it show 2 different type of Africa games. 1 – taking it cheap but loose it later (my style)

2-- take it and keep it (2 tranny+send as much as you can in Africa)

Problem with type 1 is that germ will be down to 28 IPC in a couple of round

Problem with type 2 is that there is not enough units on the Europe front wich mean that EE is likely to fall into allies hand early.

Note that EE in allies hand is adequate compensation for Africa.

Benoit Lessard

• One prob I have understanding this discussion is how you still have the Germ Baltic fleet to factor in on G1. The Russians have never left me one! They always hit with sub, tran & fighter from Karelia.

• It’s usually Russia Restricted that’s talked of here. If Russia is allowed an aggressive Turn1, then the game is more or less over from the start anyway.

• Ahh….!
    Just when I was starting to think the only good German was a dead German - and they all seem to be good!

• SUD, it wasn’t that you weren’t Articulate, just my small mind cannot process that much information without short breaks :)

• I think that the best thing to do is to take the battleship and the transport in south africa and hammer egypt.take two inf. in the transport so that the battleship gets its free shot. alo send the 1 inf next to egypt and the tank. you will probably decimate GB and have a good start in africa :wink:

• are you talking germany or UK doing this?

• I meant the battleship and transport in southern europe and it is germany that is attacking egypt so that you can get the free battlship shot, 1 armor, And 3 Inf agains the UKs 1 Inf & 1 Armor, which=UK gettin thrashed in africa with little or no retaliatory force. (they may try something with thier india troops but thats just delaying the inevitable doom of africa AND giving up india to japan without a fight!)

also, someone previously stated that you should bring the germany transportdown in the non-combat moves with 2 inf to support africa, well what you do is first turn make sure that all the UK naval units are dead, then in turn 2 you take the transport off the coast of western africa with one inf and take brazil !BAM! thats 3 free IPCs that will take a while for the US to get back, but they probably wont do anything about it because they have other things to worry about

these are the teachings of Commissar Adam 8)

• ahhhhhhh. nice strat

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m