• i’m not sure if any of you guys heard about this but the other day Pat bucannun refered to Canada as Soviet Cunuckastan, in an atempt to insult us becase of us harbering “terrorists”. I can find more then one thing wrong with the frase he used. lets start with Soviet, now i’ve explained before what a soviet is. in the literal sence it’s the russian word for council. and i highly doubt that Pat knew that or what a Soviet is, Canada Does not have any Soviets and our laws probalby would not allow us to form them eithor.
    now Cunuck, how is this an insult, i’m called a cunuck at least once every time i leave Canada, and i don’t care, i also don’t care about the other ethnic and beleif slures that i here both in and out of canada, including whitey, hethen, and pinko it’s not an insult unless you take ofence.
    and that brings me to “stan” now Pat obviusly did not think to hard when chosing this one, the sufex "stan is used at the end of several countries names to denote the geographical location and it has nothing to do with there politics or them harbering taerrorists. and the last time i checked Canada was not in central Asia.
    so there you have it, a domb amarican’s attemtpt to poke fun at a smarter people and with out a doubt (at least in my eyes ) made a fool out of him self.

• I found that insulting too :evil:

• “Stan” simply means “Live Here” in some language (slavic?).

So, Afganistan means “Afgans Live here”. Canukistan is accurate :)

• you read that artical in natinal geographic too didn’t ya?

• I heard about his little rant.
    I’m a little confused. There are Americans who protest that Canada is a major security hazard - that we are a “haven” for terrorists, and that we contributed to the events of 9/11 in some way.
    The reason for my confusion is this. Canada did not send any 9/11 terrorists, nor did they originate from Canada, nor did they venture to the US via Canada. Furthermore, how is our security America’s problem any more than Mexico’s security? Or Haiti? Or some American ally?
    Pat Buchanen is looking for a scapegoat. He doesn’t like the fact that we are protesting the fingerprinting and harrassment of Middle-East born Canadians (as opposed to other Canadians) that’s fine, but he’ll have to live with that. I would be appalled if the Canadian gov’t said “well, we will go to bat for most of the Canadian people, except for those of Middle-Eastern descent”. That’s not the Canada i live in and love. That’s not even America.

• after 9/11 when it wasnt known what had happend yet people thought that the terrorists had come from canada, I was insulted by that but whan I heard this… :evil:

• now Cunuck, how is this an insult, i’m called a cunuck at least once every time i leave Canada, and i don’t care, i also don’t care about the other ethnic and beleif slures that i here both in and out of canada, including whitey, hethen, and pinko it’s not an insult unless you take ofence.

I don’t either. I thought calling someone a Canuck was a sign of brotherhood… :-?

I heard about his little rant.
    I’m a little confused.

Don’t be… when’s the last time you listened to what Pat bucannun had to say? :P

• by the way -
    Joe “who?” Clark - leader of the Progressive Conservatives (yes yes, i know - a bit of an oxymoron) called Pat Buchanan a “bottom feeder” and reminded him of the roll of Canadians during the 1981 Iranian hostage crisis.
    Maybe too long ago to be relevant, but boy did Americans like us then. My parents walked into a bar in Mexico and the Americans there bought them rounds of drinks, simply for being Canadians (another case of “viva American hospitality”?)

• you read that artical in natinal geographic too didn’t ya?

Yep :)

• heh… no such thing as American hospitality… only Southern hospitality 8)

• @TG:

Southern hospitality 8)

LOL, that is SO funny :lol: :lol: southern hospitality, very very funny :lol:

• Funny but true. 8)

• true? its true?

• Ever been to the South?

• @cystic:

by the way -
    Joe “who?” Clark - leader of the Progressive Conservatives (yes yes, i know - a bit of an oxymoron) called Pat Buchanan a “bottom feeder” and reminded him of the roll of Canadians during the 1981 Iranian hostage crisis.
    Maybe too long ago to be relevant, but boy did Americans like us then. My parents walked into a bar in Mexico and the Americans there bought them rounds of drinks, simply for being Canadians (another case of “viva American hospitality”?)

LOL, that’s like in that beer commercial with the Japanese people who ask the Canadian where he’s from and when he says Canada start to buy drinks all around.

• @TG:

Ever been to the South?

well I was under the impression thay if you say hi they pull a gun on you and try too shoot you

• heh… only if you mention the name of “William T. Sherman…” :roll:

• DId you hear about that Candaian guy who crossed the border to get gas, and he had a gun, and was arrested, and now he is spending two months in U.S. prison, rather than a few days, because he had a gun.

• what an idiot.
    he should know better than to cross the border w/ a gun.
    to bad jail doesn’t make you smarter.

• but he was going hunting

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m