• I ment Finland/Norway/Sweden/Denmark )

• Ahhh, but someone would still program the computer(GIGO), reads the
    results, makes assignments, a favor for a favor, greased palms, etc. :wink:

The purpose of our war is victory,
    not peace, not compromise. - Xi

• Greased palms? Sure…… :roll:

• @Yanny:

Terrorism has existed since Rome occupied Palestine. When a larger power has such a controlling hold on a culture, it ensues. The American Revolution for example, was a terrorist revolution. So was the French Revolution.

Firstly, Rome occupied Judah and renamed it Judea. Judah not Palestine. Jews come from the tribe of Judah which was part of the 12 Israelite tribes. 10 of those tribes were lost in an Assyrian exile. There are many speculations about where they went. Also, how was the Great Revolt against Rome terrorism? It may have been terrorism on Rome’s part, but generally I believe you are referringto the mass peoples.

• @General:

Sorry, now I will try mein English!

Guderian, try a different translation program. The german text was without meaning. And don’t pretend you will “try” english, when you tried german ;)

• @Yanny:

Personally, I think it would make a better statement to the world if the Suicide Bombers of Palestine attacked the Israeli Military instead of civilians. They’d get a lot of foreign support and be seen as a legit organization.

i’d suggest that it would make a “less evil” statement - not a “better one”. Regardless you still seem to be advocating for the killing of people - by suggesting that killing people belonging to a military organization would somehow legitimize them. Does this apply to Al queda still attacking American/allied occupying troops?
    Terrorism is evil, regardless of whether you are attacking military or civilian targets. Just because these people are wearing uniforms and are prepared to deal with another military threat does not make their dreams, loved ones and they are working for all vanish.

• Guderian, try a different translation program. The german text was without meaning. And don’t pretend you will “try” english, when you tried german

Haha, good one. Sad, sad, sad… :wink:

Terrorism is evil, regardless of whether you are attacking military or civilian targets. Just because these people are wearing uniforms and are prepared to deal with another military threat does not make their dreams, loved ones and they are working for all vanish.

Terrorism will achieve nothing and undermine the struggle of the revolution. As Trotsky writes,

“In our eyes, individual terror is inadmissible precisely because it belittles the role of the masses in their own consciousness, reconciles them to their powerlessness, and turns their eyes and hopes towards a great avenger and liberator who some day will come and accomplish his mission. The anarchist prophets of the ‘propaganda of the deed’ can argue all they want about the elevating and stimulating influence of terrorist acts on the masses. Theoretical considerations and political experience prove otherwise. The more ‘effective’ the terrorist acts, the greater their impact, the more they reduce the interest of the masses in self-organisation and self-education. But the smoke from the confusion clears away, the panic disappears, the successor of the murdered minister makes his appearance, life again settles into the old rut, the wheel of capitalist exploitation turns as before; only the police repression grows more savage and brazen. And as a result, in place of the kindled hopes and artificially aroused excitement comes disillusionment and apathy.”

Now preaching 75 years of Trotskyism! :wink:

• Anyone in the military knows the risk that comes with the job or duty.
    They are volunteers.

Killing is terrible, but its going to happen.
    I’m sure the military prefer to be the targets of terrorism than non-military people.

And if the terrorist attacks where just against military targerts, it really ceases in being terrorism.

• Hey, guys,
    could someone be havin’ fun with our lack of edykashun?
    It took F_k to catch him!

Well, I guess I’ll go make trouble somewhars. :P - Xi

• yea according to Guderian which i agree with tottaly if the Hamass attack military Targets they would be Revolutionaries not terrorists. if they were to do that instead of the Terrorism, allot of ynaks would support the palestinians, and the European States would back them allot. plus they wouldnt be veiwd as evil peps by the world

• I was refering to Palestine as the rejoin, aka present day Israel. Not just refering to the specific roman provinces.

• @DasEwokSS:

yea according to Guderian which i agree with tottaly if the Hamass attack military Targets they would be Revolutionaries not terrorists. if they were to do that instead of the Terrorism, allot of ynaks would support the palestinians, and the European States would back them allot. plus they wouldnt be veiwd as evil peps by the world

i don’t know about that.
    If the Montana militia (or some such group of maniacs - real or fictitious) attacked and blew up an American army base, killing all personal at said army base, this would be seen as a military and non-evil act? Kind of like Pearl Harbour i guess, eh?
    Obviously i disagree. Yeah Mr. Ghoul, you’re right - military people are trained and apprised of many of their risks. All the same i have trouble with what i would consider to be terrorist activities on these people. I mean, if they were shooting at me, then yeah, i’d try to defend myself, but the idea of some guy blowing up a whack of unsuspecting people who happen to be dressed in green is nearly as much an anathema to me as the one destroying a bunch of non-green dressers.

• I’m more in line with CC, though even the Israel military is not without its share of “terrorist” acts.

• I’m not saying the Palestinians are perfect. I think Arafat’s a fool and a liar. However, Arafat is not Palestine. Hamas is not Palestine. The Palestinians are a group of people who are constantly being controlled by others. By Israel, by Arafat, by terrorist groups. Give them a chance to control themselves. Israel has not given them this chance, and has no intention of giving it to them. Israel is happy with it’s imperialistic hold over the West Bank and Gaza, and thats the problem.

• D_E_S, I concur.

Y dude,
    I disagree. Israel has seen the Palestinians manipulated and controlled by others each time Israel relaxes controls. Therefore, they find Israeli control the lesser of a half dozen evils.

“We brought destruction upon the [Palestinian] refugees,
    by calling on them to leave their homes.”

• Khaled Al-Azam, Syrian Prime Minister in 1949 (memoirs, 1973)

“The Jews haven’t attacked any Arab village, unless attacked first.”

• Ismayil Safwat, Commander of Palestinian Operations, March, 1948.

“Communism is inequality, but not as property is.
    Property is exploitation of the weak by the strong.
    Communism is exploitation of the strong by the weak.”

• Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

• And thats why the terrorism continues. For Israel, the control is the lesser of two evils. For the Palestinians, the control is 10x worse than what they receive from the Terrorists or Arafat.

I’d like to see all you Israeli supporters under 24 hour curfew.

• “Communism is inequality, but not as property is.
    Property is exploitation of the weak by the strong.
    Communism is exploitation of the strong by the weak.”

• Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

Wrong, wrong, wrong! In communism, not everything is equal as some people’s needs are greater than others (ex. great amount of labor). Also by exploting the strong by the communist government, you are setting yourself up to another national democratic bourgeois revolution, resulting in Stalinism.

• Heres how I can see a communism working.

1. Democracy, I think everyone agrees with me here.
    2. Choice. The economy is not ENTIRELY state run. You decide your career
    3. Education. Everyone gets a free, college, and high level education.
    4. Time. It takes patience to set this up, quite in contrast to the Bolsheveiks.

1. Time. It takes patience to set this up, quite in contrast to the Bolsheveiks

This was not so much of a problem but to modernize and remove Russia from it’s isolated, undeveloped past. Bolsheveiks knew that if gains were not made fast (in productivity), they would leave themselves open to the counterattack of the capitalist and the increasing needs of the peasantry and the proletariat.

Choice. The economy is not ENTIRELY state run. You decide your career

The people are the state. You should be able to decide your career, though that does not mean you’ll always achieve it.

• T_6,
    Please, don’t get so bent out of shape about these quotes. They are views and definitions of the Russian Communist system. And I begin to see that they were right.
    After all, and here comes a great Xiuote :P ,

" The problem with all governments, religions, political
    and economic systems is that people are involved." - Xi

or

" The problem with all human relationships
    is that people are involved." - Xi

“Today’s Communism can survive
    only if it abandons the myth
    of an infallible party,
    if it continues to think,
    and if it becomes democratic.”

• Friedrich Dürrenmatt, Swiss essayist.