• Drumstix here it is

• Good, I like big post rather then lost of small ones. :)

• ya, newbies post your favorite country here not in the wich do you perfer…

• Well,

“If you’re not a part of the seamroller, you’re a part of the pavement”

Germany is naturally first choice, Japan second.

How anyone can enjoy playing US I cannot understand.

• I dont know about infinate landbridging, that could easily tip the scales for the allies I mean think UK could pump infinate troops into western europe and all they need to do is have one protected transport and just produce inf to go to germany, and germany cant handle two fronts that pumps infinate inf into battle, its pretty much having germany fight TWO Russias :evil: :( :evil:

• i don’t think trns’ work like that - w/ infinite landbridging. once a trn deploys its payload, that’s the end of its turn. It can’t pick up or drop off any more guys AFAIK. You need 4-6 trns to keep WEU busy w/ landbridging.

• ya CC is right, with 1 tranny you can bridge- 1tank, 2 infantry, 1 AA gun

• sorry guys I was replying to someone from the first page :-?
    someone said that they were using infinate unit landbridging and I was explaining that it was a bad idea

Also gaze I think that trannys can only transport 2inf OR 1arm OR 1AA when landbridging

I have a question though, you know how people can transport their troops on their allies transports but their guys go on their turn, the trnsprt moves on their allis turn, and then thy get of on your turn, Well…… I was wondering if when you bridge using an allies trnsprt you just move all of your stuff on AND off on your turn since the tranny doesnt move? :x

• Even though in the context of the game the transport does not move, technically it does move. It would be treated just as if the transport did move from a sea zone. On your first turn you would load the transport, on your allies turn it would be “carried across the water,” and on your next turn the transport would be unloaded.

• Germany

• What ?

oh yeah nice quote bossk 8)

• @Commissar:

Also gaze I think that trannys can only transport 2inf OR 1arm OR 1AA when landbridging

thats what I ment and its ‘GeZe’ not ‘gaze’

• My favorite is USSR. You are always in the action, and I think it becomes the most pivotal country in deciding who wins. If Russia lives to see the 6th round the allies should win.

• I voted for UK. Here is my take on the countries.

Germany - Fun to be the aggressor, but really you are pretty much always confined to the same winning strategy. Plough east with Tanks and aircraft, and blitz through Africa. You don’t get much chance to be creative.

Russia - You don’t get to explore the map much. You are basically trying to get lucky in the West while doing enough to hold off Japan in the East.
    Not much strategy either, just sit back and hope to get lucky or that your allies save your ass.

Japan - I find playing as Japan WAY too easy. As soon as you build a factory on the mainland you WILL take it. Pacific is really only a secondary concern. You won’t take U.S. until Russia is done, and you won’t get to Russia before Germany does. Really you just have to blast through India, China and Siberia then spend the rest of the game walking into empty territories.

U.S.A. - By the time you have finally mobillized the game is already decided. Of course it is always a challenge to try and change this, so U.S. is somewhat fun to play

U.K. - The best to play because you are the most important factor in the Allied effort. Russia turtleshells 75% of the time. U.S.A. takes too long to get in the game. Really your strategy with the U.K. is what decides the game. Because of the huge expanse of British territory, you can fight on multiple fronts all over the globe. In my opinion, playing U.K. gives you the most chance to be creative, and still have to watch your own ass.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m