Germans taking the united states

• Yeah, unless Canada pulls a one-up and switches sides to the Axis. :wink:

• that could always happan :)

• id say its pretty much impossible to take America. as soon as the German boats get halfway across the atlantic with a miracle America will just build 13 infantry. and if the Germans are held off another 13 infantry. its possible but a thousand to one chances.

• i’m saying PARATROPERS is the way to go, just make it so bombers can go on aircraft carriers

• That still probably wouldn’t be enough.

• maybe paradrping tanks? :-?

• They didnt have the technology at the time to drop tanks from planes, it mightve started to be developed but the Allies wouldve used it on D-Day.

• Talk about broken tanks. :)

• Man if the Allies tried droppin’ tanks that’d be hilarious. :D

• Hmmmm…. almost as bad as underwater tanks used at D-Day. :wink:

• Paratanks! They should make a rule about that, like a falling paratank squashes 3 infantry then you roll to see if the tank fell onto it’s treads or not…

Of course, there weren’t any WW2 but revisionist history never hurt anyone.

• ya if u got heavy bombers u could drop 3 tanks per bomber, then buy 3 bombers, that would be 9 tanks a turn attaching the us!

• :evil: how do i do it

• the point is, you can’t deadman.

• I tried it. I got a few transports and subs for defense. I put only put infantry on the transports to make my nubers high. I built up the force slowly as well so the allies wouldnt notice it as much. I sent them south to lie in wait. Continued the game as normal, but when the US got organized and sent their force over the Atlantic. I pounced on an empty capital. Before they landed In France, I had the US under control. In a panic they turned back to try to retake the capital. So I sent my entire naval fleet after them. They had BB’s and all I had were subs so I didnt fare well there. But I did manage to sink a few transports so that when they DID finally attack me I was able to repel them. The US was out of the game. The two other players decided it would be impossible to win and forfieted.
    It IS possible. But I dare not try it twice with the same players. My advise is not to focus everything on that mission. Continue to press the Russians to a high degree. Keep the allies attention on the Eastern front. Good Luck and Good Hunting.

• the allies did have glider to bring heavier equipment with the paratroopers mabye you could drop tanks with an attack value of 2 instead of 3 to represent lighter weapons.

• that sounds like a good rule, being able to carry “light tanks” on the bombers instead of infantry, and the light tanks get to attack at 1 or 2

• it can be done!
    in my last game i almost pulled it off, i had the german fleet (1 bb 1 des and 1 loaded transport) in the middle of the atlantic. He had a bb and a des off the coast of of the empty usa. I got unlucky (total anihaliation), but what if it had worked! The game ended up lasting forever… next time my bomber lands in morocco!

• It is ABSOLUTELY so possible for the germans to take out the us. i played my dad once and he decided to go for the us. only problem was that he was only using his medit. fleet of 1 BB 1 Des and 1 Trans. it actally ended up being that he and the usa had no troops left! the attacker and defender were destroyed! if he had used a bit more, he might have succeded! :wink:

• U.S.A and british used paratrooping light tanks in operation market garden, but about over 70% of them were broken when they landed :roll:

And trying to take USA only makes it harder for you win? You must have very bad opponents and sheer god like luck to pull it through…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m