• When people become ominesiencent and omnipotent, they will no longer require a “benevolent dictator.”

Right… I’m sure just being human would justify not having a “benevolent dictator.” And who says God is benevolent? For many people in this world, God may seem like a cruel joke to them.

• @Yanny:

Sorry about my mistakes about the Jewish Religion.

You gave two very good examples at the basic principles of Facism. Mastering a dog is probably Facism at it’s most basic level. Complete Obeydience is required or the dog gets punished. I’m more of a cat person myself, I don’t train my cats.

Parenting is also a good example. However, there is one key different. Kids have a choice. I choose to be disobeydient to my parents, although I am not always punished. However, I do not have this choice for my afterlife. I am either going to Heavan or to Hell, it’s his choice and I cannot change that.

Because God is infalable, invincable, and unconested, he gains absolute power. There is no democracy, no choice, no stopping him. He acts as if we were all His toys. I am not some play thing of a God, I am my own self.

i really am not wanting to enter into this particular fray. It feels inappropriate to dignify this particular post.
    At the same time, consider that we all have free will. We may leave God and return as our will and whim dictates. We stay (or return) because of love for God, not fear of punishment. As for hell - well, this is something we choose.
    You seem to be missing the premise of Christianity if this is they way you look at things.
    You might look at it this way. You are about to cross the street in front of a rolling bus. I pull you away from the road to save your life. You push me away, and walk directly into the path of the oncoming bus. No one forced you into that path, you chose it yourself.
    I believe God wants us to ask questions. God wants a relationship with us that needs to work both ways. If God simply gave us orders and directions and we had to toe that fine line, or “God would send us to hell” then i would tend to agree with you. This is not the way it works. One may build up a relationship with God the way one might with a lover or a partner, or a friend. As one gets to know God’s will, we try to follow it. If we are unsuccessful (read: sinful) - “we know that God will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (somewhere in Romans). This is not to say that we should sin-away as we know that we’ll be forgiven, but rather that we should try not to sin for that very reason - because Jesus has arranged it (by dying) for that sin to be disregarded.
    No, Hitler (and other fascists) would have one tortured and killed for the kind of questioning that i have done much of my life - if God was the same way. I have disobeyed God often enough (nearly daily, in fact) to burn me in hell for many eternities if we were to buy into your little rant. However because of Jesus’ sacrifice and God’s justice, i may sin for much of my life yet, and still receive a place in heaven.
    The only way that your analogy holds is at the very end of things. If we reject God, then we have gone to a place of our choosing. If we accept God, then we have done the same. What happens in between is largely immaterial (i don’t buy into pergatory YB), except that it contributes (or does not) to our relationship with God.
    Speaking of which, i havn’t prayed much recently, and i think i will do so now - it’s nice to stay in touch with a friend.

• @Yanny:

Sorry about my mistakes about the Jewish Religion.

You gave two very good examples at the basic principles of Facism. Mastering a dog is probably Facism at it’s most basic level. Complete Obeydience is required or the dog gets punished. I’m more of a cat person myself, I don’t train my cats.

Parenting is also a good example. However, there is one key different. Kids have a choice. I choose to be disobeydient to my parents, although I am not always punished. However, I do not have this choice for my afterlife. I am either going to Heavan or to Hell, it’s his choice and I cannot change that.

Because God is infalable, invincable, and unconested, he gains absolute power. There is no democracy, no choice, no stopping him. He acts as if we were all His toys. I am not some play thing of a God, I am my own self.

Yanny we do have free choice. Let me try to explain this to you. It may be a hard concept to understand because it’s a bit confusing, but I’ll try anyway.

People have free choice. God knows what we will choose, what the outcome of our choices will be and knows everything about what we will choose. It is set in stone from the day we are born. So far, it sounds like a puppetmaster and that we have no free choice. BUT, we don’t know what God knows and because we don’t know what our choices will be, we can choose what we want to do. God knows what we will choose and what the coutcome of our choices will be, but since we dont we can choose what we want. This will be what God knows it is, but the option is still there.

• I do agree with Yanny to some degree here. If a god does exist then I think he should respect me as a fellow occupant of the universe and sentient being. I don’t believe I need to praise him becuase he happens to be a particularly powerful being and could stike me down, if he so chooses, becuase I don’t stroke his ego, however it may be called. If god really has a problem with that and doing what I chose, whether or not it is sanctioned by god, then there isn’t really much I can do about it as a mere mortal; so I don’t worry too much about if my actions are the will of god.

• I have free will, here in my life. I can do what I please, go where I please, and worship whom I please. However, once I die that right is taken away from me. God is now in control. I have no choice where he puts me.

Ok, I am a “Non-Believer”. So is half the world’s population, we don’t believe in God. What would God say to this? Knowing his past fits of anger, he can’t be this all trusting perfect sinless all knowing diety. Are they going to Hell? By their Faith they could be expected to be reincarnated. So, if God wants them to go to hell, they lose that belief.

I have not ranted once. If your offended, stop reading. A mature adult should not be offended, I haven’t said “Damn the Christians” or anything. I am damning this God.

The problem lies not with the people. The problem lies with this God they worship.

God does not do all this good you are talking about. At best, God doesn’t care. Where was God during the Halocaust? During the Crusades? During 9/11? During the Spanish Flu? During the Black Plague? During WWII? WWI? Where was God when Hinduism and Buddism grew? Where is god now?

• Where are all the posters from the other threads who say that humans are not arrogant? All that hard work flushed away by Yanny.

• @Yanny:

I have free will, here in my life. I can do what I please, go where I please, and worship whom I please. However, once I die that right is taken away from me. God is now in control. I have no choice where he puts me.

God does not do all this good you are talking about. At best, God doesn’t care. Where was God during the Halocaust? During the Crusades? During 9/11? During the Spanish Flu? During the Black Plague? During WWII? WWI? Where was God when Hinduism and Buddism grew? Where is god now?

1. “once I die that right is taken away from me” - how do you know what happens when you die? God does not put you anywhere - you choose where you go. God might ask why you forsook (him) while you were on alive, but you have not done anything to demonstrated “fascist actions” by God yet.
    2. “where was God . . . ?” God was allowing free will to be acted out. God was with his children while they died, comforting them, affecting their lives in ways that evil people could not. Have you read the stories of the martyr’s (The Martyr’s Mirror is a start)? Certainly God my not have been acting as the “fascist” - preventing people from exercising free will, but God is there (spiritually, emotionally etc.) for God’s children. Also you ask about the greater picture, but within that are millions of smaller pictures which you rarely hear about - important acts of humanity, of heroism, etc. - that’s how God acts - by strengthening the hearts of his children, not by taking away the will of people.
      You’ve kind of argued against your original position here.

• Alot of hatred in Yanny’s last post. I don’t necessarily hate what I believe isn’t there. People caused the Holocaust, the Crusades, the world wars, etc., etc. The problem does lie with the people; it’s up to us to stop these events from happening. Put the blame where it’s due…

• @Yanny:

I believe in it, but if you are a firm, blind Christrian, Muslim, or Jew, stop reading now, I don’t want to hear your opinion if your ideals are blinded like this. Post only fair, well thought out, and clean information below. I don’t want to see Blind Faith comments.

Wow . . . so who’s the fascist again?
    Your forum, so i guess freedom of speech is not a granted?

@Yanny:

Now, as an Agnostic, I ask you Christians/Jews/Muslims a question. Why the f**k should I become a Slave to this God?

Slave? Where does it say that?

• Well i vote “no” because even if god is not an all loving being (the flood is an international genocide and most people are probably in hell), i do not think he is a facist. Anyway as he does not exist, only what christian think is important and i am sure most see him as a loving god…

But there is a lot of problem of ethical problem with god…

• If god cannot be understand with logic, It must be with faith
    • As faith is not more valuable in one religion
    • All religion are equal

So the “we have the truth” statement is full of fallacies… and only Hinduism seem right on the subject; “The truth is One, but different Sages call it by Different Names”

• If god cannot be understand with logic, It must be with faith
    • As some mind reject Faith
    • God reject those who reject him, je reject those who choose not to be faithfull

So, god punish with eternal flame those who reject faith ? Why, if he love so much his child, does’nt he male himself a logical part of the universe ? How can an omnipotent being support a Black&White moral code ?

• @bossk:

I do agree with Yanny to some degree here. If a god does exist then I think he should respect me as a fellow occupant of the universe and sentient being. I don’t believe I need to praise him becuase he happens to be a particularly powerful being and could stike me down, if he so chooses, becuase I don’t stroke his ego, however it may be called. If god really has a problem with that and doing what I chose, whether or not it is sanctioned by god, then there isn’t really much I can do about it as a mere mortal; so I don’t worry too much about if my actions are the will of god.

I don’t know about you, but I don’t worship God because he can strike me down, I worship him because he is my creator. If you were a whino on the street and a billionare came and gave you money, gave you a house, a job, food and everything you needed in order to survive, would you not thank him and praise him?

God is like the billionaire, who when you’re at the bottom seems so powerful. He created you, gave you the power to choose your path, gave you the power to see, to hear, to feel, to smell, to taste. He has given you a soul, and now you’re just going to use what he gave you, without thanking him at all? It’s as though someone comes and helps you and you tell him to f**k off after he has finished helping you. D oyou not owe the being who created you some thanks?

• Dittos EmuGod, that was well said. Even if it is a rudementary reason for worshiping God, it is definitly a good place to start.

• I think you’ve kind of opened a can of worms here Yanny!

• This is nothing, I gave this speech to my Communications Badge group at a Boy Scout Camp. Ever heard of an angry mob?

Who taught you to be obeydient to your Creator? Who taught you of this false father? Stalin, Hitler, Saddam, and countless others were considered “Fathers”. Many tried to elevate themselves to Gods themself.

So, I can choose to obey God or not to Obey God. If I don’t obey Him, I am screwed for Eternity. Do you think he cares about me? Did he care about the planet when he flooded it? God is just as bad as any. He believes in eternal torture.

And no one has answered, what about those Non-believers.

• @Yanny:

This is nothing, I gave this speech to my Communications Badge group at a Boy Scout Camp. Ever heard of an angry mob?

Who taught you to be obeydient to your Creator? Who taught you of this false father? Stalin, Hitler, Saddam, and countless others were considered “Fathers”. Many tried to elevate themselves to Gods themself.

So, I can choose to obey God or not to Obey God. If I don’t obey Him, I am screwed for Eternity. Do you think he cares about me? Did he care about the planet when he flooded it? God is just as bad as any. He believes in eternal torture.

And no one has answered, what about those Non-believers.

Given that the “eternal torture” you speak of is (i believe) an eternity away from God - whom you reject as a fascist myth, do you believe it to be such a torture?
    Another way - for me, heaven has nothing to do with “gold-paved roads” or angelic choirs etc. but everything to do with being with Jesus (and God). Hell i don’t believe so much as a pit of fire (as we are no longer carbon based and have little fear of fire after we die) so much as an eternity not in the presence of God.
    Really, i fail to see your problem here. If you’re a fan/friend of God - then you get to be with God in heaven at the end of things (which i like to think is pretty comfortable), if you’re NOT a fan of God (as clearly you are not) then you get to NOT be with God in heaven at the end of things (which i’m guessing would be relatively uncomfortable - not really my problem tho’).
    Who taught me to be obedient to my creator? I think others have posted a good response to this. As far as “false fathers” i don’t really know where you’re going with this. We have been warned of false God’s and we know not to buy into one on earth.

• No, I don’t believe in torture.

For the purposes of this discussion, I’m going to pretend I am not Agnostic.

The Jews (as far as I know, correct me if I am wrong) believe Hell is just like you said. The better God liked you, the closer you are to him during your afterlife. But, the Christians and Muslims both believe hell is a place to punish, eternally, the people who do not have God’s favor.

My father is my father, not some God.

• The path God choose for me was the one I made out of it. Nothing less; nothing more. It will be a glorous one and a morbid one no doubt, but it is the one for he who has chosen.

God made mud.
    God got lonesome.
    So God said to some of the mud, “Sit up!”
    “See all I’ve made,” said God, “the hills, the sea, the sky, the stars.”
    And I was some of the mud that got to sit up and look around.
    Lucky me, lucky mud.
    I, mud, sat up and saw what a nice job God had done.
    Nice going, God.
    Nobody but you could have done it, God! I certainly couldn’t have.
    I feel very unimportant compared to You.
    The only way I can feel the least bit important is to think of all the mud that didn’t even get to sit up and look around.
    I got so much, and most mud got so little.
    Thank you for the honor!
    Now mud lies down again and goes to sleep.
    What memories for mud to have!
    What interesting other kinds of sitting-up mud I met!
    I loved everything I saw!
    Good night.
    I will go to heaven now.
    I can hardly wait…
    To find out for certain what my meaning was…
    And all the good things we did for you.
    Amen.

• Lol, funny, did you make that up?

• By the way, on your so called “Freedom of Speech” comment. I do not want pointless comments like i got when i originally gave this as a speech to a group of Boy Scouts. Now, I admit to you this crowd is quite a bit better, but I got some comments that were not only “Unchristian” but also stupid, ranting, and based on just Religion faith.

• We have been warned of false God’s and we know not to buy into one on earth.

How can your god be more valid if you cannot prove him with logic ? How can Zeus and Odin be considered false god if the only way to have a contact with god is with faith, and faith is equal on all religion, how dare you to claim Zeus, Odin, Cernunnos and Athena are false god ?

Faith anyway is a negation of logic and creativity… We you need faith, you need NOT to be logic.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m