• @waraxis:

Thanks for rembering me TG Moses VI. I am shocked that some one rembered me. I haven’t tried Shogun or Sudden Strike, however since you guys bring them up I’ll look into them. The C&C series may be a little recycled, but RED ALERT 2 is still a master piece in my book. Also I have noticed in Starcraft alot of the maps are choke point happy. Whenever I create a game with a map with little or no choke points most players refuse to play them. I try to tell them that in real war most battlegrounds will not look like a BGH map they say that is crazy.
    One player acuatally said to me quote “If I was in a war and i couldn’t find my choke points I would not fight the enemy” Have any of you guys encoutered these type of players on Battlenet. I also noticed that these players like to hack when they can. Don’t get me wrong I play these maps all the time, but if someone comes along with a new map with some or no choke points I’ll give it a try. Excuse my spelling.

If you get Sudden Strike, make sure you get the " Forever" version.

Los Los Los!

• “Okay, at least I’ll give you credit for something. You do know how to pick out good games when you see them and aren’t like most other girls that go, “Oooooo look at the pretty packaging.” Sid Meyer probably did more for strategy games than any other person.”

Thank you, this has been the best comment you have given me today. :)

• Let’s just hope it’ll be the last :wink:

• It is a lot nicer than naieve extremist.

The makers of shogun are producing another game, this time middle ages in europe. It will be tight. Plus, Lords of the Realm III.

• I started making a multiplayer map that’s an aerial combat game.

• I’m a little confused TG Moses VI, who is the girl that TM Moses VII is referring too?? Please excuse my spelling.

• Pay no attention to her, that’s just my sister. :roll:

• First things First, SC is easily in the top 5 games ever made :).

i got Sudden Stike a while ago along with the Expansion. i liked it allot when i first got it but like someone said ealier it takes allot of patience. i liked how u didnt build anything exept bridges and Draggons teeth so u concentrated on the tactics more. but over time i gave up on the game.

Galactic Battlegrounds is a another great game i have not played it in 2 months but when i did play it i played allot on the zone and it was fun.

Shogun Total war Was GREAT! i liked the graphics personally.
    and Medival Total War looks good aswell.

I didnt like anyof the C&C games exept for the original RA. but i must say C&C Generals look F***ing awsome. its comin out this winter and i am getting it opening day. :)

and off of RTS HLDoD is the best game ever! :)

• “First things First, SC is easily in the top 5 games ever made .”

I wouldn’t say top 5 games ever made (maybe not even 10 ten), but it is a great game. As a strategy game, I’ll probably rate it a otch below War Craft II (not that was tight! :wink:).

BTW: Anybody try War Craft III? I’ve been getting mixed opinions on it.

• i have not tried it but i heard some really good things about it.

• Don’t get me wrong TG Moses VI WARCRAFT II is a great game but STARCRAFT is better!! 3 Races instead of 2, more units, the units are really different from each other not just almost clones of each other. Dont get me wrong I do like Warcraft II but I love Starcraft.

Is Age of Empires a RTS game or a turn based game??

I have also heard mixed things about WARCRAFT III, but the pros have outnumbered the negatives.

• AOE is RTS ;)

• Then I will have to put Age of Empires further up my list of things to get! I would still buy it if it was turn based its just that right now I’m hooked on RTS games right now. Thanks for the Info DasEwokSS

• “Don’t get me wrong TG Moses VI WARCRAFT II is a great game but STARCRAFT is better!! 3 Races instead of 2, more units, the units are really different from each other not just almost clones of each other. Dont get me wrong I do like Warcraft II but I love Starcraft.”

I don’t know, it just seemed like the coloring and graphics (pixels - hot damn!) in Warcraft II better than SC. Also, I agree, a big problem with WCII was the lack of distinct races (beside Death Knights and Mages, both sides were the same) – though I like the Orcs the best :P Also, the lack of races just does put it below C&C IMHO, but at everything else WCII shines. It has so much polish, easter eggs, and little details that showed the makers put a lot of time in it - not like today where a lot of games have to be rushed and go through 7 different patches due to all the bugs. Who can beat WC’s character voices (SC’s Terrans were a bit to Redneck), different buildings to match the seasons, a great map builder (less options than SC but easier to use), air, land, and sea combat (here SC was lacking), and a whole bunch more? And I’m not trying to sound bias as I’m more tilted toward sci-fi settings (Star Wars) than Fantasy (Lord of the Rings), but WCII just blows you away.

“Then I will have to put Age of Empires further up my list of things to get!”

Age of Empires is a great game (Their AOE II expansion set the benchmarck for expansions to be judged upon), and Microsoft (who ever knew they good make good games? :-?) belongs right up there with Blizzard and Westwood. If you want something more “Starcraftish” try Star Wars: GB, which is AOE set in space. :P

• Okay TG Moses VI give me time to build my case on why StarCraft is better than Warcraft II. I want there to be no mistake on the subject. Just please read the whole reason why. It will probably be very long.
    I should have it finished soon. I’m going to try and not miss anything on it.

• your very welcome waraxis. :)

• “Okay TG Moses VI give me time to build my case on why StarCraft is better than Warcraft II. I want there to be no mistake on the subject. Just please read the whole reason why. It will probably be very long.
    I should have it finished soon. I’m going to try and not miss anything on it.”

I like to see this too. :) I will say that fantasy is such an captivating branch of knowledge… much more than high technology. Plus, elves are cute!

• but then again so is Science fiction. and Ewoks are cute :)

• I don’t know why Star Wars fans, like TG, make fun of and criticize Star Wars so much because of Ewoks. Personally, I thought they were cute, too! :D Yoda, that furry little Muppet that sounds funny, was the best thing to ever happen to the series. Be nice! :)

• Oh my god, you could never be so wrong in your life! Ewoks were the worst “furry little things” to hit the Star Wars Universe since Jar Jar Binks! :P

What was George Lucas thinking!!?? So now, I’m here to believe that the entire galaxy was saved by a handful of Rebel Commandos and little runts throwing sticks at Imperial Stormtroopers and AT-AT’s??? It’s moments like these I wished the Empire would’ve crushed the Rebel scum once and for all. :roll:

Well, at least you were right on the Yoda part. He kicks major arse! :wink:

“Do or do not, there is no try.”

Now DasEwokSS, that should’ve been your quote! Not some cheap and fanatical SS slogan from lamebrain Hitler. :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m