Memoir 44…your gameboard solution

• The game system Memoir 44 by Days of Wonder makes the perfect customizable gameboard for a reasonable price.  http://www.memoir44.com/?t=content&sub=expansion&rid=&S=c5ac59eb0787994f21593f47ea2cdf88

You all know what to do with the hill, forest, town, roads, rivers, and clear hexes.  I propose the following house rules for the other terrain hexes and pieces.  I wouldl like to hear your feedback, suggestions, and experiences.

Hedgerow hex: Provides cover.  Blocks line of sight.  Vehicles don’t have to make movement rolls to enter.
    Bridge piece: Treat as clear terrain, but if an armor unit is disabled or destroyed on it, it blocks other armor units from entering the hex.
    Barbed wire piece: Infantry units cannot enter hex.  Does not block line of sight or provide cover.
    Hedgehog piece: (the 3 railroad beams welded together, often w/ explosives) Armor units cannot enter hex.  Does not block line of sight or provide cover.
    Bunker piece: Armor units cannot enter hex.  Units inside bunker gain superior armor 2 and provides cover.  The bonuses provided by the bunker are ignored against enemy units in same hex. (possibly immunity against mortar fire…opinions please)
    Sandbags: Infantry units gain cover on a roll of 3 or better.
    Minefields:  I havn’t considered these yet.  Possibly have them hidden and revealed when an enemy enters the hex, at which point it could have a one time attack against that unit and every unit that enters the hex afterward.

Again, input would be appreciated.

• I am looking into this solution as well.

• the maps seem a bit small though….

has anyone tried using the green felt with hexes painted on? I dont remember the company that makes it, but I think they use them for Battletech a bit.

I have been using a sheet of vinyl with a hex grid on it…it’s not all green, but I can use dry-erase markers and create my own terrain.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m