Sgt. Wonko's & TMTM's 1940 Global Module for ABattlemap

• Got the latest one- 10KB one-

1.) it takes 2 tries to get a new map each time
    2.) can’t open my partners map- he may have the 3.0 version still- I’ll check.

:-( :-( :-(

• @Battling:

Now that the signatures are dead, where do I get 3.1 from ?

It’s posted on the first page.

• @questioneer:

Got the latest one- 10KB one-

1.) it takes 2 tries to get a new map each time
    2.) can’t open my partners map- he may have the 3.0 version still- I’ll check.

:-( :-( :-(

1. Do you mean you open up Abattlemap and it crashes each time you hit create a new game?

2. Can’t open your partner’s maps? That’s weird, the only changes were to the map file, and start map file.

• @Sgt.:

I’m experimenting with lowering the size of the map file to see if that has any effect on the mod crashing. It’s crashed a couple of times for me and I know that Stoney and SgtBlitz said that it crashed on them as well.

I’ve reduced the size of the file from 16 mb to 10 mb (Func’s is 7 mb). I’ve had it crash a total of 3 times so it’s a bit hard to be sure that this is going to be the fix since it happens pretty infrequently. If it seems to be the solution I’ll upload a new version with smaller image file sizes.

I am still on version1, and have crash problems.

It would close and disappear without warning, many times.

I had the Toolbar open (and not the Infoview).

When I closed the Toolbar, It stopped closing (crashing).

I don’t know if that helps or not, but that’s what I observed.

• @BadSpeller:

@Sgt.:

I’m experimenting with lowering the size of the map file to see if that has any effect on the mod crashing. It’s crashed a couple of times for me and I know that Stoney and SgtBlitz said that it crashed on them as well.

I’ve reduced the size of the file from 16 mb to 10 mb (Func’s is 7 mb). I’ve had it crash a total of 3 times so it’s a bit hard to be sure that this is going to be the fix since it happens pretty infrequently. If it seems to be the solution I’ll upload a new version with smaller image file sizes.

I am still on version1, and have crash problems.

It would close and disappear without warning, many times.

I had the Toolbar open (and not the Infoview).

When I closed the Toolbar, It stopped closing (crashing).

I don’t know if that helps or not, but that’s what I observed.

Hmm…I hadn’t tried closing the toolbar yet. I guess I’ll have to experiment a bit.

• Mine still crashing :-(

• @questioneer:

Mine still crashing :-(

Can you still not open your partner’s maps?

I’ll admit I’m at a bit of a loss in terms of the crashing. It seems to be only problematic for some people. I could reduce the size of the map to try and get the file size down even more but then people with older versions of the mod won’t be able to play with the newer version. And it’s kind of nice to have the bigger map since there’s more room for units.

• I’m having some trouble downloading this file. On MediaFire, I click the download link and it changes to the message “Your download is starting…” only it never starts. I’ve had no trouble downloading ABattlemap or G40 mod by Funcioneta through MediaFire.

With the advent of G40 I’ve been playing with my A&A buds, I knew I had to get my butt onto an A&A forum and start yacking about it! Alpha 2 rules look pretty fun and I’m excited to try them. :) Hello! :D

• Can’t even open new one.  I’ll try reinstalling but I didn’t have a problem with Func version- can you make a small size of the map- 7G or something to try???

• @questioneer:

Can’t even open new one.  I’ll try reinstalling but I didn’t have a problem with Func version- can you make a small size of the map- 7G or something to try???

I would try reinstalling battlemap and TMTM mod first.

I could make a smaller one, but I’d have to redo the whole sektor map file which is kind of a pain. I’ll do it at some point but it does take awhile.

• Ok, I downloaded ver 3.1 on a different computer and it keeps crashing. I get the following message:

The instruction at “0x00403429” referenced memory at"00x00490341". The memory could not be read.

Hopefully this helps…

• Thanks, I see where this leads.

• where do i put the 3.1 mod file?

• Move it into your main Abattlemap folder. It will overwrite the existing T40 folder.

• where do i get the original t40?

• @ghr2:

where do i get the original t40?

If you don’t have the original just paste the version 3.1 folder. It has everything you need.

• i dont have a 3.1 folder though, just the RAR file

• Hey Sarge everthought of making a AA Minis mod?

• @ghr2:

i dont have a 3.1 folder though, just the RAR file

Use an extractor to open up the rar file, I use WinRar. Once you have opened the file you will be able to extract the file to the correct location in the Abattlemap. For some computers you may not be able to extract the file directly to the Abattlemap folder and may have to extract it to your desktop and then manually paste it in.

• @Pvt.Ryan:

Hey Sarge everthought of making a AA Minis mod?

I haven’t actually, I’ve never played a game of AA mini. I might take a look at it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m