New players - couple of questions

• Good morning all from frigid Minnesota (it’s currently -24C or 15F out)!

My roommate and I first picked up a copy of AA42SE and then decided, what the heck, let’s go all out and sprung for G40.  We’re very happy with our purchase, even if it takes up a huge chunk of the living room floor currently.

We had a couple questions from the first couple of turns in the game.  We’re still on R1, and we’re entering the US’s phase.

1. When playing G40 - does the US collect its income as one country or is it more like the UK where it has to collect two separate incomes.  I couldn’t see in the rules anywhere anything describing it, but I have two boxes, one for P40 that says it collects 17 IPC and the one for E40 that says it collects 35.

2. Can you move a transport ship BEFORE picking up a unit that is attempting to make a combat move.  IE Start in a sea zone adjacent to a country you want to invite, move it one SZ over and pick up a unit on an island (mainly looking at Japan), then move it back to the SZ and start the amphibious assault.  
      I’m not sure personally because it would seem like to me, moving the ship the first zone would be more a noncombat move than a combat one.

3. Can a tank move 1 additional space after unloading from a transport if it hasn’t moved previously (other than load and unload from the transport)

4. (this is more a joke but kind of serious) - I’m stuck playing all the allies and minor powers except for Italy.  Strategies to beat the growing Brown, Black and Orange menace?

5. Does America, when it enters war, pay to upgrade its IC from 3 to 10, or does it automatically get the upgrades free of charge?

• I tried to delete this topic but I guess I can’t.  Mods please delete this topic.  I’m going to ask my questions in the G40 boards, as it seems like that is probably the better place to ask my questions as they pertain to specifically G40

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m