• When the USA and USSR are neutral, they can niether move their units into their allies’ terrotories nor allow their allies’ units into their territories. Once they are at war, even if you land an air unit in their territories (as long as their capital is still in their control) you cannot occupy and take over your ally’s territory. The only exception to this rule is the Dutch, but you need a land unit to gain their income.

• Quote:
    Friendly Neutrals
    “These territories are listed as either Pro-Axis or Pro-Allies. A Pro-Axis neutral is friendly to Axis powers and a Pro-Allies neutral is friendly to Allied powers. You may not attack, move through, or fly over a friendly neutral. During the non-combat movement phase, a power may move into a friendly neutral. This action places control with the friendly power that moved in, production moves up the amount of the territory, and the army is activated by placing the number of units specified on the territory in the territory using the friendly powers pieces”.

oztea,
    djensen posted this yesterday (8-4-10) in his 3rd preview, so no you can’t fly over (or land on) a friendly neutral. I guess it would apply to all neutrals.

Edit: I would think that if you non combat ground units in (take ownership), that you still can not land air units there that turn. You didn’t own it since the beginning of your turn, but Kreig should clarify that.

• @WILD:

Edit: I would think that if you non combat ground units in (take ownership), that you still can not land air units there that turn. You didn’t own it since the beginning of your turn, but Kreig should clarify that.

That would be against the basic A&A rule that you need to control a territory at the start of your turn in order to land planes on it during non-combat. So the only way to take over a pro-neutral is by walking a ground unit in it during non-combat.

Only question that remains for me is can you blitz a pro-neutral or does your movement end like during combat moves. Krieg?

• I believe Krieg has ruled before (in Pac40 for Mongolian territories) that you may blitz through unoccupied unfriendly or strict neutral territories, but since blitz is an action of the combat move phase and occupation of a friendly neutral is a function of the non-combat move phase, you cannot blitz through an unoccupied friendly neutral territory.  However, I only see this coming into play for the Russians with Persia as most of the pro-Axis/pro-Allies territories spawn infantry, and so are not empty so blitz would be moot anyway.

• It’s true that infantry will spawn, but remember those are friendly infantry units. In fact they become your property. So why would you have to stop for your own units…. Bulgaria is a good example. Can Germany use their tank blitz on NCM to control Bulgaria or not?

• it would make sence.

• so every one is going to invade pro their side neutral to gain the armies. And all pro one side neutrals will be involved in AA war, although not in the real wwii.

THIS SEEMS AHISTORICALL.

• The strict neutral rule is stupid. So if invade mongolia as Japan spain and sweden feel compelled to join the allies. I am going to delete this rule.

• If it’s true that all true nutrals become your enemy all over the world cause of one incident in one small part of the globe, then I totally agree with  finnman and will delete this rule.  But surely this couldn’t be the case, something has to be misunderstood, cause that is to strange, even in this fanasy world where men are larger than tanks!!!

• The reason they have this rule is to dissuade people from attacking true neutrals. Even though in real life Mongolia might not immidiately go to war if Sweden was invaded, there would be some international backlash

• What am I doing wrong?  I count 48 “True Neutrals” and everybody else is saying 41.

Angola - 2
    Mozambique - 2
    Mongolia, Olgly - 2
    Mongolia, Dzavhan - 1
    Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar - 1
    Mongolia, Buyant-Uhaa - 2
    Sweden - 6
    Spain - 6
    Portugal - 2
    Switzerland - 2
    Turkey - 8
    Saudi Arabia - 2
    Afghanistan - 4
    Argentina - 4
    Chile - 2
    Venezuela – 2

TOTAL = 48

• I count 48 also.

• @GrizzlyMan:

The reason they have this rule is to dissuade people from attacking true neutrals. Even though in real life Mongolia might not immidiately go to war if Sweden was invaded, there would be some international backlash

It makes more sense on the European side of the globe especially with colonies involved, but I agree that Mongolia doesn’t seem to fit in with those…  Overall I like the rule though.

• I agree, it’s better to be too cautious with the true neutrals than to lax. It’s not like the game gets worse just b/c invading true neutrals is a bad idea, b/c we’ve never (except i suppose in the original) been able to do it anyways. I think it’s fine for now, but maybe in a later version it could be made as a more reasonable and realistic option.

• As far as i understood the rule, there are neutrals (with a total of 48 infantry?), pro axis neutrals (how many infantries?) and pro allies neutrals (how many infantries?).

And tell me if i am wrong, the axis players will ocupy all proaxis neutrals, and the allies players will ocupy all proallies neutrals to recieve the armies there.

This means that all proaxis and proallies neutrals will send armies to war and are historical neutrals but not in aa game anymore.

• megastein, your missing a few key concepts. The aquiring of pro-one side neutrals is not an invasion. its in your non-combat. Your moving into freindly territories and your support is welcomed by a boost in man power. Seems historical to me.

second, only contries that were neutral in 1940, but historically joined the war later are designated pro-one side.

Its a fun mechanic, i think you will like it.

• The pro-allies offer 14 infantry and the pro axis offer 11.  I wouldn’t assume they will all be occupied every game.  I would think Iraq is not a given for the Axis, and the Allies probably won’t make it to Greece or Yugoslavia. (although the axis will probably invade them anyway.)

• seems interesting.i am misssing something: ok its a noncombat move moving axis units to proaxis neutrals, but you take control ’ of the armies of this proaxis neutral and the income also, don´t you? so why not making non combat moves to all your side proneutrals?

• @MEGAEINSTEIN:

seems interesting.i am misssing something: ok its a noncombat move moving axis units to proaxis neutrals, but you take control ’ of the armies of this proaxis neutral and the income also, don´t you? so why not making non combat moves to all your side proneutrals?

There are certainly alot of benefits too moving into pro-axis neutrals. Particulraly finland, as it is my understanding that the soviets can attack finland on their first turn if the germans dont move in. bulgaria and finland are easy to get too, so they are no brainers. Iraq is the third and final pro-axis neutral and as you can imagine it takes a little planing if you want too get the three inf in iraq.

• Proaxis: Bulgaria Finland and Iraq
    Proallies? Brasil?
    How do you see if it is a pro axis or pro allies territory? Is the color, the borders or what?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m