• Q1 can a tank blitz through an enemy controlled neutral if there are no units on that space? ex: ilalian tank in persia wants to go into eastern persia and then go into West India(there are no units in either tt) on a blitz move. Q2 What if a Russian tank goes into NW Persia, activates the pro -allied tt and goes into Persia (no units on either tt)? Is this legal? East Persia and NW persia have no IC value and there are no infantry being activated. Thanks in advance.

• Official Q&A

Q1 - Yes.
    Q2 - No.

• @Krieghund:

Q1 - Yes.
    Q2 - No.

Krieghund, I was thinking about the 2nd question a couple of days ago since the manual doesn’t refer to this situation. So the rule is: “when a unit activates a neutral its movement stops there”?

• Official Q&A

From page 10 (italics are mine):

Friendly neutrals may not be attacked, and air units may not fly over them.  They can be moved into (but not through) as a noncombat move by land units of a power that is at war.

• Can you blitz through a neutral that is still neutral, but a hostile one?

• Official Q&A

Yes, as long as it has no army remaining (or didn’t have one to begin with).

• I thought that when talking about P40 6 months ago that you could not blitz one Mongolian tt that has no standing army to attack a 2nd Mongolian tt with or w/o standing army. I thought that entering a neutral (that is still neutral) stops your movement in both combat and non combat. Was this changed or did I have it wrong originally.

• @Krieghund:

From page 10 (italics are mine):

Friendly neutrals may not be attacked, and air units may not fly over them.  They can be moved into (but not through) as a noncombat move by land units of a power that is at war.

Ah ha. Thanks for the reference :)

• Official Q&A

@WILD:

I thought that when talking about P40 6 months ago that you could not blitz one Mongolian tt that has no standing army to attack a 2nd Mongolian tt with or w/o standing army. I thought that entering a neutral (that is still neutral) stops your movement in both combat and non combat. Was this changed or did I have it wrong originally.

I don’t recall saying that about combat movement against unfriendly and strict neutrals.

• @Krieghund:

@WILD:

I thought that when talking about P40 6 months ago that you could not blitz one Mongolian tt that has no standing army to attack a 2nd Mongolian tt with or w/o standing army. I thought that entering a neutral (that is still neutral) stops your movement in both combat and non combat. Was this changed or did I have it wrong originally.

I don’t recall saying that about combat movement against unfriendly and strict neutrals.

Sorry, I went and looked at that old P40 thread, I was wrong. Even back then you said you could blitz through neutrals that were not friendly as long as they were unoccupied. I must have mixed it up w/not being able to blitz (move through) friendly neutrals in non combat.

• Can you move as Italy from Egypt to empty British Jordan (with a tank) and then into Pro-Axis Iraq?

• @Tavenier:

Can you move as Italy from Egypt to empty British Jordan (with a tank) and then into Pro-Axis Iraq?

Hmm, good question. I’ve never considered that situation.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Tavenier:

Can you move as Italy from Egypt to empty British Jordan (with a tank) and then into Pro-Axis Iraq?

Hmm, good question. I’ve never considered that situation.

No, the move (blitz) into TJ (to capture) would have to be in the combat phase, but you have to noncombat into friendly neutrals. The same tank can’t move in both phases.

• Customizer

Krieg’s response to this question on BBG agreed with Wild Bill. (See link below.)

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/570516/tanks

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m