• I think your IPC values are wrong, Don’t subs cost only 6 now? And destroyers 10? Granted that subs can’t be hit by planes unless a destroyer is present but as the US if you use a balanced attack you can break the sub’s grip on the ocean. I buy battleships just so I can get the free hit, and of course destroyers and cruisers. With a strong balanced fleet, the US shouldn’t really have problems with the subs, especially since the Japs are spending lots of money on those it will hamper their land force purchases.

• @maverick_76:

I think your IPC values are wrong, Don’t subs cost only 6 now? And destroyers 10? Granted that subs can’t be hit by planes unless a destroyer is present but as the US if you use a balanced attack you can break the sub’s grip on the ocean. I buy battleships just so I can get the free hit, and of course destroyers and cruisers. With a strong balanced fleet, the US shouldn’t really have problems with the subs, especially since the Japs are spending lots of money on those it will hamper their land force purchases.

Destroyer’s are 8.

• Yeah so I don’t see how subs are that much better considering that they only defend on 1 now. I don’t really see the benefit of stacking subs as opposed to stacking destroyers.

• @maverick_76:

Yeah so I don’t see how subs are that much better considering that they only defend on 1 now. I don’t really see the benefit of stacking subs as opposed to stacking destroyers.

What’s so good about them again.

Because destroyers, cruiser, carriers, battleship’s can all attack them!!!

That’s not that good and sometimes planes can attack them.

• Like I said. The mods dont like the idea of a girl playing a board game. My posts get deleted every day.

• @Axisgirl:

Like I said. The mods dont like the idea of a girl playing a board game. My posts get deleted every day.

message one.

• I cant see that doing any good. Which one?

• @Axisgirl:

I cant see that doing any good. Which one?

Find that out yourself

• @Dylan:

What’s so good about them again.

Because destroyers, cruiser, carriers, battleship’s can all attack them!!!

That’s not that good and sometimes planes can attack them.

I never said subs were all that great, but I admit that they were a little overpowered in the older A&A games because they attacked and defended at 2, could submerge and avoided planes if there wasn’t a destroyer in the sea zone. Now that they only defend on 1, it evens them out a lot more.

• @Axisgirl:

Like I said. The mods dont like the idea of a girl playing a board game. My posts get deleted every day.

That is strange because sites like this normally welcome ladies with open arms, gives some of us A&A nerds things to dream about (girls that enjoy stuff like this).

• @maverick_76:

@Axisgirl:

That is strange because sites like this normally welcome ladies with open arms, gives some of us A&A nerds things to dream about (girls that enjoy stuff like this).

I have a girl friend!!!

• I wasn’t meaning anyone in specifically, I was just generalizing.

• @maverick_76:

I never said subs were all that great, but I admit that they were a little overpowered in the older A&A games because they attacked and defended at 2, could submerge and avoided planes if there wasn’t a destroyer in the sea zone. Now that they only defend on 1, it evens them out a lot more.

However, with the price drop, plus income reaching levels nearly 50 and 60 IPC’s for major powers, subs could almost be considered overpowered because they are cheap but still effective. I never bought subs in Revised. Ever. I’ll admit, I haven’t been playing for half as long as most of the people on these forums, but I find subs to be a lot more useful in Pac 40 than they ever were in Revised. If I totally missed something, than call me out so I can destroy my friends in Revised with the newly discover useful of the sub!  :-D

• Sub abuse is the best way to own the seas. Forget that Carrier Fallacy that most players try. Its a trap!
    (no admiral ackbar needed)

• Umm, carriers are better on defense than subs. A carrier and 2 fighters is worth 36 and defends on 10. 4.5 subs defend on 4.5 and attack on 9. Offensively, subs rule, but defensively they fail in comparison to destroyers

• Stop thinking defensively. Thats not how war should be. If you want to win you need to DESTROY things. Carriers are an okay idea. but recall that if there are no destroyers in a group of carriers then pack it up boys. game over. You dont have to play with subs. Just dont be old school and buy boring junk that probably wont be a good buy. Its why the Allies almost never win in a Pacific game.Most of the Allied players havent changed their tactics.

• Why stop thinking defensively? Except bombers and boosted tactical bombers, all units are either higher or equal in defense. Also, when you go on the offensive, you have to be able to defend against a counterattack.

I agree that you need a destroyer, but that doesn’t change the main point.

The reason the allies can’t win is that Japan has too strong a navy and air force.

If you disagree, wqe can play a online P40 game

• From what I have heard the Japs are too strong but I have not played Pac 40 enough to see if this is the case. I might have to have a sit down 1 on 1 game with myself to see if this is true.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m