• Hey, the Mets are a good team! :roll:
    (Not that I would know much about baseball)

• Germany will be victorious!!! I just say to make it easier that the Turks must win, I would imagine them being a lot easier than what I would call the god team of soccer Brazil. All in all, Go Germany!

• Ha, in your dream pal! :wink:
    Brazil will take it all the way (it’ll still probably be a close game)! You saw how well they played today against Turkey in the second half. Heck, they even beat England with a 10-man team in the last 33 minutes of the game! That and consider how much Germany had to struggle against Korea and United States. Now it’s great to see these two teams (Brazil 4 cups, Germany 3) finally go at in the Finals in the first time in history. But if Brazil’s Ronaldo is 100%, I expect Brazil to come out on top.

• i put the chances 2/3 for Brazil, 1/3 for Germany. The germans have a dominating defense (with Kahn as goalie), so if they can make it to the penalty shootout, then i would reverse the chances from there.

• Grant Fuhr, who won many Stanley cups with the Edmonton Oilers was african canadian, or black. He also went on to play a very productive career with the St. Louis Blues, you could see his afro popping out of the bottom of his helmet, pretty cool looking, intersting side note, he is also a lefty.

also, i heard a stat that either Brazil or Germany had been in the finals for every world cup since WW2, but this will be their first meeting.

go brazil!!!

• " The germans have a dominating defense (with Kahn as goalie), so if they can make it to the penalty shootout, then i would reverse the chances from there."

It’ll be great to see two “legends” going against each other. Ronaldo, the master of offense vs Kahn, a genius at goal keeping. Ronaldo was able to outplay and outrace 4 defenders of the Turkish team (no small feat) to score, while Kahn single-handedly stopped the American Upsurge (another big feat). How these two play will determine the outcome of the game.

• One could dream TG, one could… :lol: It will be a great game though I agree definetely. My dad is rootin for Brazil but I’m goin for the German people! I refuse to bet on the game though, odds are in favor of Brazil them being the god-team of soccer…

• Yeah but CM, that means if Germany WINS despite the odds, you get paid more!

• Very happy am I for the nation of Brasil for their inspired effort in their win against the Germans.
    cc

• DAMN! Brazil won…I’m out 5 euros.

• Hahaha, Brazil wins again! :lol: Woo-hoo! :D
    5 championships!
    Ronaldo you are the God of Soccer!! 8)
    2-0… a little too easy (j/k) :wink:

• I feel sad for Olli Kahn.
    One Mis-take (literaly) in the whole tournament, which leads to losing the finals. That’s a bitter pill.

• poor Germany. They were no more in this game than Canada was.
    I would be interested in a World Cup tournament where people played by language rather than nationality (both seem quite arbitrary given that not many players play professionally for their home country). For example, i think the “Portuguese” language team (Portugal, Brazil, Macau, Angola, etc.) would kick the “English”, “Spanish” and “French” language teams (note several bilingual countries would become quite split over this game). I’m thinking Figo, Ronaldo, Rivalda (what a playmaker) and Marcos alone would kick the English world’s collective asses . . . . :D

• Hey, hey, hey give us Englishmen a fighting chance! :P Brazil already has enough “God” players on their team (you can’t beat the Triple R’s) – lets not throw in every other Portuguese speaking player in there! I’m more in favor of a “Continental Cup.” For example, everybody in South America vs everybody in Africa. Now this would be great! (as well as fostering cultural understanding) South America, Europe, Asia, and Africa would still probably have us beat, but hey, America and Mexico will put up a decent fight! :wink:

(Hey at least we’re better than those lazy Antarcticans! :roll:)

• poor poor Australia . . . True, they could give much of the world a proper s**tkicking, but i just can’t see them performing well against South America.
    my love of the Portuguese game came from beach volleyball in Brasil. These people play better with their feet then i do with my hands.

• It’s being discussed wether Oceania should be allowed to send a contender to the next world cup w/o playing any play-offs.
    And of course, this time, they had to play south america, but they also lost to asian teams in the past … i guess it was the Iran or so…
    Well, let’s say it like this:
    Whenever there was a world cup in germany, then Australia qualified :)
    … that was 1974, i love statistics made of one piece of data :) …
    and of course, whenever there was a worlcup in a german speaking country, germany won (that’s two points of data: 1954, switzerland; 1974, germany)…
    and another one:
    Franz Beckenbauer took over the national Mannschaft (his debut as a coach) for world cup 1986, after a desastrous european championship, and led it into the finals, to be beaten there. 4 years later, he made the team world champion.
    2002, Rudi Voeller took the team in his debut as a coach…
    And one last:
    In all post-war worldcups, except for 1958, south american and european teams took terms in winning the cup. Germany won every second of the cups won by europeans.
    In 1998 France won.

GO GERMANY FOR 2006 !!!
    :)

• I don’t know… once Africa becomes united, they might even be able to give the best European and South African teams a run for their money. Along with Asia and USA. Africa is quickly rising to the level of stardom. (And it’ll be just one more sport they’ll be able to dominate at :wink: )

• I knew it all along…Joey Bishop rules!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m