Arab world has little sympathy for UN deaths in Iraq…

• SOURCE :
    http://www.charlotte.com/mld/observer/news/6581259.htm

Well, what did you expect when their world is under attack by the USA?!?

What I don’t get is why Arabs would object when “…the United States used its UN veto…” to “…or halt the construction of Israeli settlements.”

Please, note that I am using the EU translation-interpretation of the article. If F_alk can separate Iraq from its atrocities by an “and”( a conjunction) or two, then no one will object to my using a single “or”( a conjunction) to clarify the truth. :P

• That’s kind of interesting.
    American’s accuse the UN of being weak and useless, when this is directly because of American actions and inactions.
    170 nations were against the war in Iraq. That was about 90% of the world. And yet the UN is held hostage for American decisions.
    nice.

• @cystic:

That’s kind of interesting.
    American’s accuse the UN of being weak and useless, when this is directly because of American actions and inactions.
    170 nations were against the war in Iraq. That was about 90% of the world. And yet the UN is held hostage for American decisions.
    nice.

Did you misunderstand the article’s saying the locals are saying, “…the UN is weak…” or are you making a comment re: previous fora?

If you meant what you said…
    That’s an oblique view of the situation. It’s the fundamentalist(note: no offensive descriptive identifiers) reaction and lack of alternate news sources that do more to twist the situation here.

• I find it funny how you understood and quoted the sentence.
    Let me requote my interpretation which is differing by 100% from your view.

The Arab world has seethed whenever the United States used its U.N. veto – as it has done with frequency – to quash efforts to send international observers into the Palestinian territories or halt the construction of Israeli settlements.

I really wonder from where you took the Chuzpe to skip some important parts of the sentence.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m