Wheel of Time Book #12 The Gathering Storm

• Are there any Wheel of Time fans out there? Book #12 is due out October 27th. I can’t wait.

• I guess I am the only one here who reads these books. You don’t know what you are missing. If you like Tolkein then you will love Jordan’s Wheel of Time series.

• Isnt that the series where the men do magic but go crazy?

• Yes, have you read any of it?

• I have and I like his ideas. Unfortunatley I dont like reading or starting a series until its OVER! although I probably will read eye of the world again. If I like it(I cant remember if I did or not) all I remember is that men cant do magic or they go crazy and die. and that women do magic but it isnt as strong.idk. I stupidly picked up pendragon, and the eragon series, and those guys arent going to finish their respective series for years!

• If you like reading a series that is finished, then try Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind. The first book is called Wizard’s First Rule. Don’t watch the television series as it is lame.

• I too am a fan of this series and yes, I have read all eleven… I am going to try not to be skeptical since Jordan is dead but I seriously doubt his predecessor will botch a good series. The 27th you say? Nice.

• The book is out tomorrow

• I am a Wheel of Time fan as well.

• Customizer

If you like those, I’d suggest George RR Martin’s books, starting with Game of Thrones.

• Would you beleive I still haven’t read Book#12 as I am re-reading the series first  and I am only on Book #4.
    After this I plan on re-reading Sword of Truth and then I will read Game of Thrones as others have suggested that book to me as well.

• @Viracocha:

If you like those, I’d suggest George RR Martin’s books, starting with Game of Thrones.

I tried the first 3, but they’re just so dark and grimm.  It’s like, after I finish reading it, do I feel better or worse?  Also (as a side note), he’s taking WAY too long and creating a few too many rabbit trails.  He’s also just a little too free with killing off main characters.

This may be a little too light for you, but try some of Susan Dexter’s books.  Good writing, good adventure, pretty good story.  The best 2 are:  “The Prince of Ill Luck” and “The Wizard’s Shadow”.  I find that this author is less well known, so many people haven’t read any of her books.

• More suggestions, this is good, Do you think we should start a Sciece Fiction / Fantasy Book Forum?

• @Brain:

Would you beleive I still haven’t read Book#12 as I am re-reading the series first  and I am only on Book #4.

I know the feeling.

I started reading the “Wheel of Time” series when the third book, “The Dragon Reborn” had just came out in hardback.  The series was so good, that I read the first three books completely through 2-3 times before book 4 even came out.  Then every time a new book would come out, I would re-read the entire series to get the story fresh in my mind before reading the newest book.  I would even purchase the hardcover edition as soon as it came out and then purchase the paperback edition as well.  Since I live in China, I don’t have a copy of book 12 yet, but when I can get one, I’ll probably re-read the entire series again first.   :-)

• @Brain:

More suggestions, this is good, Do you think we should start a Science Fiction / Fantasy Book Forum?

Sounds good to me.

Just make sure that you spell the title correctly.  :-P

I am an English teacher after all.  :roll:

• Hey thanks for correcting my spelling, I can use all the help people will offer me.

Since you are the professor (which earns you my utmost respect), I will give you the honor of starting the thread.

• @Brain:

Hey thanks for correcting my spelling, I can use all the help people will offer me.

Since you are the professor (which earns you my utmost respect), I will give you the honor of starting the thread.

Well, xie xie ni!  (That’s Chinese for, “Thank you.”)  It’s pronounced, “Ssshee ssshee nee”.

I’ll go ahead and start a thread.  Although, since it’s WAY past my bedtime here, the opening post won’t be as verbose as the topic deserves.  Maybe later I’ll edit it up to my standards.    8-)

As a disclaimer, I must admit that I’m not exactly a professor, but I have taught 1 year of English classes in a Chinese university here in China.  :-P

• Well, xie xie ni!  (That’s Chinese for, “Thank you.”)  It’s pronounced, “Ssshee ssshee nee”.

Your welcome. (That’s English for, “Your welcome.”) It’s pronounced, “Your welcome.” :-D

I will look forward to your thread. Have, or I hope you had, whatever the case may be, a Happy Thanksgiving.

• Yes, I had a great Thanksgiving holiday yesterday.  It’s past midnight right now, so it’s Friday.

You have a Happy Thanksgiving too!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m