@Upside-down_Turtle:

Actually, an expansion for the Nova version had jeeps

Attack 1

Defend 1

Move 2

Cost 3

I would go for that.

OH MY WORD!!!

how come no one mentioned the jeep to work with the little commander piece of Patton to ride around it? :evil:

• Correction: It wasn’t a Nova expansion, it was a Milton Bradly expansion.  It included:

Super Bombers

Cost 18

Move 6

Attack 5

Defend 1

Jeeps

Cost 3

Move 2

Attack 1

Defend 1

Jet Fighters

Cost 15

Move 2

Attack 4

Defend 5

Heavy Fighters

Cost 15

Move 4

Attack 4

Defend 4

*more to come!!!

• you rock, turtle!

• No need to thank me, just some positive Karma would be nice.

It seems I’ve gained quite a few haters after I ripped FMG’s new Unit Counter Chips project out from the clutches of Rainbow Bright.

• A&A accesories is table tactics not milton bradley

• @Upside-down_Turtle:

No need to thank me, just some positive Karma would be nice.

It seems I’ve gained quite a few haters after I ripped FMG’s new Unit Counter Chips project out from the clutches of Rainbow Bright.

seems i missed out on the bay of rainbow bright struggle, glad you were able to survive.
    +1 to you, 13 now…

• @Emperor_Taiki:

A&A accesories is table tactics not milton bradley

I meant it was made for the MB version, not the Nova version. 
    Nova version used paper, MB plastic pieces.

• @Upside-down_Turtle:

I meant it was made for the MB version, not the Nova version. 
    Nova version used paper, MB plastic pieces.

o sorry

• no prob

• You know, a 1-1-2-3 jeep actually makes a good justification for truck pieces being Motorized Infantry at 1-2-2-4, does it not?

Although, were there really whole units made up of jeeps?  In North Africa, maybe.  Perhaps Trucks ought to 1-1-2-3 as well.

• @Upside-down_Turtle:

You know, a 1-1-2-3 jeep actually makes a good justification for truck pieces being Motorized Infantry at 1-2-2-4, does it not?

Although, were there really whole units made up of jeeps?  In North Africa, maybe.  Perhaps Trucks ought to 1-1-2-3 as well.

Well, it seems that every army needs its fodder units, so I would rather have 1 armor unit 3-3-2-5 and 1 jeep unit 1-1-2-3 for a total IPC cost of 8 than have 2 motorized infantry at 2-2-2-4 at the same IPC cost of 8, because when you lose the first hit, then you still have a 3 attacking/defending.  Now, if you give the motorized infantry the ability to be upgraded by artillery units, then it may be more balanced, but getting the artillery to keep up with them is a different matter.

• A jeep? AND a truck?

OK IMO the only use for such playing pieces is jeep could be used for motorized inf and the truck for something like a support unit IF somebody wanted to concoct a chain-of-supply house rule for linking ICs with Forward Edge Battle Areas.

Otherwise, what two distinctively different units are they supposed to represent?

A division composed entirely of staff officers and a division of storesmen?

• @Bardoly:

@Upside-down_Turtle:

You know, a 1-1-2-3 jeep actually makes a good justification for truck pieces being Motorized Infantry at 1-2-2-4, does it not?

Well, it seems that every army needs its fodder units, so I would rather have 1 armor unit 3-3-2-5 and 1 jeep unit 1-1-2-3 for a total IPC cost of 8 than have 2 motorized infantry at 2-2-2-4 at the same IPC cost of 8, because when you lose the first hit, then you still have a 3 attacking/defending.  Now, if you give the motorized infantry the ability to be upgraded by artillery units, then it may be more balanced, but getting the artillery to keep up with them is a different matter.

I agree.  If I had 30 IPCs to spend, I’d buy 5 jeeps and 3 tanks.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m