• Just wondering when FMG will re-stock it’s German set. Any word on this?

• Customizer

They haven’t been made yet.  I think the mould is still being made.  Jeremy said the German units should be done shortly after or possibly even the same time as the Italian units.

• I just went to their website and bought a set of Italians which said “In Stock”. I looked at the Germans and it said “Out Of Stock”… This tells me they’ve already been made.

It’s a little misleading if that isn’t the case though…

• Customizer

Yeah, I see what you mean.  The term “out of stock” does kind of imply that they were once “in stock”.  I guess their ordering system is set up so they have to label something “out of stock” in order for people to not try and pay for items when they don’t know when they will get them.

By the way, even though the Italians are “in stock”, they have not been made yet either.  You can place orders for them but you won’t get them for a little while.  The factory was supposed to have a completion date of March 8, but they found a defect in the mould and had to send it back to the foundary to repair it.  They should get the mould back and start production in late April.

• @knp7765:

Yeah, I see what you mean.  The term “out of stock” does kind of imply that they were once “in stock”.  I guess their ordering system is set up so they have to label something “out of stock” in order for people to not try and pay for items when they don’t know when they will get them.

By the way, even though the Italians are “in stock”, they have not been made yet either.  You can place orders for them but you won’t get them for a little while.  The factory was supposed to have a completion date of March 8, but they found a defect in the mould and had to send it back to the foundary to repair it.  They should get the mould back and start production in late April.

Well that sucks. I was hoping to get the Italians in a week or so.

• Customizer

Believe me, I feel your pain dude.  I placed my pre-order back in November.  I knew then it wasn’t going to be like a “get them quick” kind of thing and delivery would still be a while, but I wanted to support the project.  It just seems like one thing or another comes up to delay it even longer.  From what I have read from Jeremy on the FMG pieces thread, and assuming the mould gets repaired properly and there is nothing else to push it even farther back, I am guessing we should be getting our Italian units somewhere around late May/early June.  Just a rough guess.

I am hoping they don’t have these problems with the German mould.

• Ya if you want info on the progress just keep an eye on the FMG pieces project disscusion link in “other axis and allies variants”. It is an epic 2 year journey, but when they get here it will be worth it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m