What is your worst nation (wins to losses)?

• Mine is probably Russia. I have a really solid force, but it just seems to get ripped apart every time. The one game I used Nationalist China to take on Japan (with no year limits) I did really well, so it’s odd how bad I do with Russia…

• I am so biased. I think I played the US maybe once. I don’t even really know. I’m completely dedicated to my German army. I was teaching my opponent today after he conceded in turn 5 about the effective use of Russian armor. They are to engage German tanks to eliminate their superior range advantage. The tanks have superior armor and some can even ignore the first damage counter. Thats freakin insane. I hunted his tanks down one by one and destroyed each one in the game because he refused to engage aggressively. In the end, when he finally did, he blew my Ausf G to kindom come. Of Course my Nashorn was parked on a distant hill and decimated his t-34 the same turn but I think he’s finally learned how to play Russian and win. With more insane tanks in the mail that he ordered, I’m getting nervous that my 6 win streak is about to come to a bloody end.

By the way. Question: Fixted Howitzers. How do they work. Can you just face your tank in any direction, even if it’s not directly facing one hex side? I mean the idea that you can’t shoot a tank because it’s in a hex horizontal to you on the board and there’s no way to face it directly head on confused me. I don’t get it. How does that weapon work and what are the rules?

• My Russia is always outclassed by Germany. I’ve won with them, but don’t remember the last time. I had an amazing 200 point build, but bit the dust because of an unfavorable side of the map for me, and a very favorable one for him, as well as the fact he fielded almost no armor, which screwed me. Both of us use Russia well (quick and aggressive), but Germany always seems to come out on top. Either because of it hitting harder or just being awesome at playing defensively against Soviet armor. When they are dug in, Russia’s aggression really doesn’t pay off, and it can’t play defensively because of lacking range on attacks. I have a problem of building a Soviet army to take on what I’d personally field as a German player, which I didn’t realize until the last game I played, when I opted to take a KV-1 instead of a Soviet Partisans platoon, and got eaten alive by 5 PAK40s and some MG teams…

My next build is going to be balanced for once… not 90% armor:

Soviet T-34 Platoon - 78
    -1x Guards T-34/85
    -2x T-34/75
    -2x PPSh-41 SMG
    Soviet Assault Gun Platoon - 59
    -4x SU-76M
    Soviet Partisans - 23 (x2)
    -1x Cossack Captain
    -3x Communist Partisans
    -1x Fanatical Sniper
    Maxim M1910 MG - 7 (x2)
    Mousin-Nagant 1891/30 - 3
    Ammo Dump - 10

(the cool thing about the Soviet Partisans platoon is that it doesn’t count against “special unit” limits and all the 6 communist partisans and 2 fanatical snipers within them have a special rule of being deployed on any unoccupied edge hex… 2 snipers with crack shot behind enemy lines!!)

I can’t remember the last time my Germans lost though, which is nice. The only side I have a hard time with is the USA, solely because their infantry is really amazing.

• Japan

• Yeah, I think Japan is difficult without restrictions.  Russia can be tough, but at least they’ve got some great armour.  They both have pretty sucky Infantry…

• @Ducky:

My Russia is always outclassed by Germany. I’ve won with them, but don’t remember the last time. I had an amazing 200 point build, but bit the dust because of an unfavorable side of the map for me, and a very favorable one for him, as well as the fact he fielded almost no armor, which screwed me. Both of us use Russia well (quick and aggressive), but Germany always seems to come out on top. Either because of it hitting harder or just being awesome at playing defensively against Soviet armor. When they are dug in, Russia’s aggression really doesn’t pay off, and it can’t play defensively because of lacking range on attacks. I have a problem of building a Soviet army to take on what I’d personally field as a German player, which I didn’t realize until the last game I played, when I opted to take a KV-1 instead of a Soviet Partisans platoon, and got eaten alive by 5 PAK40s and some MG teams…

My next build is going to be balanced for once… not 90% armor:

Soviet T-34 Platoon - 78
    -1x Guards T-34/85
    -2x T-34/75
    -2x PPSh-41 SMG
    Soviet Assault Gun Platoon - 59
    -4x SU-76M
    Soviet Partisans - 23 (x2)
    -1x Cossack Captain
    -3x Communist Partisans
    -1x Fanatical Sniper
    Maxim M1910 MG - 7 (x2)
    Mousin-Nagant 1891/30 - 3
    Ammo Dump - 10

(the cool thing about the Soviet Partisans platoon is that it doesn’t count against “special unit” limits and all the 6 communist partisans and 2 fanatical snipers within them have a special rule of being deployed on any unoccupied edge hex… 2 snipers with crack shot behind enemy lines!!)

I can’t remember the last time my Germans lost though, which is nice. The only side I have a hard time with is the USA, solely because their infantry is really amazing.

Yeah– I run into the same problem fighting the US. Amazing infantry. I’ve been trying to focus on good German infantry builds and not armor. The german infantry can hold the line like nobodies business with a haupsturmfuhrer present. I’m still waiting on the 2 81mm mortars and spotters I ordered. When the F##k are they going to get here?? My opponent is getting good with Russia and the problem is: they have excellent armor. Almost too good. They have tanks that can do really well against infantry as well so it’s well balanced. I hate those frickin Nagasat men and the snipers. Now I know how my opponent must feel fighting my weirmacht snipers. They are rarely killed and out of the 2 I usually field, it’s rare that one of them dies. In fact, in every game I’ve played, they have been one of the last units standing.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m