• This is a place where you can post all your Allied strategies. Please say which setup you are using.

• If OOB is used, all allied strats will fail

• @calvinhobbesliker:

If OOB is used, all allied strats will fail

I think I know what you mean. I played a Global game where I convinced the Russian player to not attack me and I was able to take India on J4. Mind, the German player had to convince me to wait a turn before I attacked (J3). I 21 planes against India along with 10 infantry was a slaughter. So good was the plan that I built a Major in Malaya and the game was over before I even used it. To be fair, the Allies were not tactically sound.

What tactics could you see otherwise to at least distract the US (Alaska? Taking Hawaii, but only have two aircraft carrier and one battleship). It makes me think Japan has to build two Aircraft Carrier turn two to help harass the US. As for the US, built those subs and go harass Japan until they cry. It won’t save India sadly though.

• @Natasin:

@calvinhobbesliker:

If OOB is used, all allied strats will fail

I think I know what you mean. I played a Global game where I convinced the Russian player to not attack me and I was able to take India on J4. Mind, the German player had to convince me to wait a turn before I attacked (J3). I 21 planes against India along with 10 infantry was a slaughter. So good was the plan that I built a Major in Malaya and the game was over before I even used it. To be fair, the Allies were not tactically sound.

What tactics could you see otherwise to at least distract the US (Alaska? Taking Hawaii, but only have two aircraft carrier and one battleship). It makes me think Japan has to build two Aircraft Carrier turn two to help harass the US. As for the US, built those subs and go harass Japan until they cry. It won’t save India sadly though.

I was talking about P40, not G40(since this is a P40 thread). G40, I think OOB is almost balanced.

• If Japan goes all india, the Allies can go for domination of the sea.

Japan will have all the mainland, but once USA controls all the seas (and japan’s fleet is destroyed - not easy , i  know) then Japan can’t get all its VC’s, therefor it cannot win the game.

Result: a stalemate and perhaps even a long-term victory if USA can kill off every fresh japanese navy, while convoy raiding Japan as much as it can.

• As USA I build an unassailable fleet.
    Mainly subs, but with a few destroyers and loaded carriers (3) sprinkled in.
    Simply add 4-5 loaded transports, stirring until thoroughly mixed, build a Naval Base on Midway and plop everything down in an amorphous lump on Midway and the surrounding sea zone.

• If the Japan player does J1 and pulls it off then by J4 they out spend the allies combined…after that its all down hill for the allies. The allies have no stratgies that work at this point and America can’t build a fleet that can’t be beaten sorry.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m