• @swordsman3003:

Another question:

To what distance to a fighter’s range extend when it is on an AC? I’m familiar with the doctrine that the AC “cannot expand the range of the fighter” but one circumstance confuses me:

Germany has an AC in Gibraltar with a fighter on it. Germany has an empty AC in the North Sea. This means the fighter could move 3 to get to UK, and then 1 to land on the other AC, so moving the fighter in to attack is justified.

However, after the battle is over, could you land the fighter back on the first AC anyways in sea zone 7 off of western europe after the first AC moves? Although that AC did not expand the range of the fighter, if the north sea AC wasn’t there this move would be illegal.

What you describe is perfectly legal WITHOUT the second A/C.  The rule is that the ftr has to a possible landing zone.  Even if there were units in sz12 that was blocking the sz13 a/c, if you attacked sz12 naval units, the ftr still has a possible landing zone (even if the battle was very low odds in sz12), so the ftr could still legally go into the UK battle.

• @axis_roll:

@swordsman3003:

Another question:

To what distance to a fighter’s range extend when it is on an AC? I’m familiar with the doctrine that the AC “cannot expand the range of the fighter” but one circumstance confuses me:

Germany has an AC in Gibraltar with a fighter on it. Germany has an empty AC in the North Sea. This means the fighter could move 3 to get to UK, and then 1 to land on the other AC, so moving the fighter in to attack is justified.

However, after the battle is over, could you land the fighter back on the first AC anyways in sea zone 7 off of western europe after the first AC moves? Although that AC did not expand the range of the fighter, if the north sea AC wasn’t there this move would be illegal.

What you describe is perfectly legal WITHOUT the second A/C.  The rule is that the ftr has to a possible landing zone.  Even if there were units in sz12 that was blocking the sz13 a/c, if you attacked sz12 naval units, the ftr still has a possible landing zone (even if the battle was very low odds in sz12), so the ftr could still legally go into the UK battle.

If I understand this correctly, that sounds like FTRs on ACs have an effective range of 3 territories?

• @swordsman3003:

If I understand this correctly, that sounds like FTRs on ACs have an effective range of 3 territories?

yes

• The AARe 5.01 written by pagan in the Wizards (not avalon hill) forum is not the same as the AARe 5.01 on this site. Is this a mistake or a disagreement?

The changes I am referring to are in blue:

3. Radar -When declared, place 1 free AAGun in either [UK, ECan, Egy, SAfr, Ind, or Aus] if UK controls it, during the Mobilize Units phase of this turn only.
    -UK owned AAGuns in tan territories have their AA-to-hit value increased by 1 (ie.to 2)
    -UK Battleships have their AA-to-hit value increased to 1 (this increase is not cumulative with the CA-Tech)
    -UK owned AAGuns in tan territories may attempt to shoot down Rockets at a roll of 2 or less, for zero damage.
    -When declared, UK is given a free 8IPCs to spend towards Jet Fighters and/or Combined Arms Tech. IPCs not spent, or unable to be spent this TURN, may be carried over, but must still be used for JF and/or CA. - no auto tech @ 4 dice.

3. Yamato Class Battleships - Your BBs attack, defend, and bombard on a 5.
    -Your 1st Battleship purchased costs 5IPC less.
    -All additional BBs cost 1IPC less.

These are changes that are in the WOTC board AARe and not in this thread, even though the versions are labeled the same, 5.01.

• Hello
    At our account meeting at the end of last year we were told that there was an enhancement to Keystone My Account module. I havent been able to find any documentation/press release on this and was just wondering what had been enhanced and if we could have a look.

• It’s been several years since I’ve played Enhanced (since AA50 came out) but these additions in blue seem to be the final version, if my memory serves me correctly.

• I am looking for contact with Cousin Joe and Axis Roll. I am looking for the XML used to create the AARe module for MapView. Laso I want to let you guys know that AARe has been getting played by a small group of players for quite a long time

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m