Turning Point: Fall of Liberty

• Turning Point: Fall of Liberty is a new game that just came out. It looks like it’s about Curchhill dieing in a cab acident in 1931 (realy happened) so theres no one to raley, no one to influence commanders to victory. The nazis easly make the UK surrender, and the only one in there way now besides the Soviets, who are being dominated, is America. Heres an awsome sight that explanes alot of it and gives a trailer.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13883/Turning-Point-Fall-of-Liberty-Nazi-Invasion-Trailer/

• Have you played it?  I was wondering if it was any good.

• '11

I played the demo on Xbox live and it was pretty good. From the demo, it looks like a pretty straight forward FPS. However, it has stunning visuals and the idea of the game, besides all of the Nazi swastika’s flying around, will be sure to make a few people mad. I’m picking it up today after work and will post later after having played a few levels.

• '11

I picked up Turning Point a few hours ago and have played through the first two missions. The campaign story and game play is pretty good, not as good as COD4, but still worth checking out. However, the online multiplayer is very poor and very frustrating to get into. It seems to be very glitchy, as the characters reactions are somewhat slow and the amount of damage weapons do is extremely unbalanced. I’ll probably finish out the campaign mode and trade it in, unless they release a patch for it.

• I’ve always woundered what would have happened if the allies lost. Does the game say anything about japan? You know, like mabye they took hawaii or something?

• '11

Nothing about the Japanese Empire so far. I have played through the first three levels and have not seen anything about the Eastern Axis power.

• I read an awesome book of short stories concerning the Axis winning WW2.

In one of them America was divided along the Mississippi with eastern US going to Germany, and the western part to Japan.  Can’t remember what happened.  And Italy got the shaft.  :mrgreen:

• '11

Do you remember the name of the book or one of the author(s)? I would love to read it. Alternate history books are usually pretty entertaining.

• Yeah, it’s called Hitler Victorious.  Still got it, lol.

• '11

Cool. Thank you. I’m sure I’ll have to find in on Amazon, as I doubt the local bookstore would carry it.

• No prob. I’m sure you can find it.

Another story in it I like is about the Axis (particularly Germany) turning the tide of war when Norse gods come to Earth and side with them.  All except Loki, that is.

• '11

That’s pretty damn wild. I can’t wait to check it out.

• @Jermofoot:

Yeah, it’s called Hitler Victorious.  Still got it, lol.

It’s actually called Third Reich Victorious, ed. by Peter G. Tsouras.

It’s an excellent read consisting of 10 scenarios on which Germany either wins WW2 or the entire course of the war is changed (Operation Sealion, Turkey joining the Axis, Rommel defeating the Allied invasion, etc.)

Another nice alternative history book (although it’s sci-fi) is The Man On The High Castle, by Phillip K. Dick. The Allies have lost the war and the US is divided between Germany and Japan.

• @Hobbes:

It’s actually called Third Reich Victorious, ed. by Peter G. Tsouras.

Not my copy.

It’s an excellent read consisting of 10 scenarios on which Germany either wins WW2 or the entire course of the war is changed (Operation Sealion, Turkey joining the Axis, Rommel defeating the Allied invasion, etc.)

Actually, it’s 11 short stories, with most of them not actively involving WW2, but the result.  I think you are speaking of another book.

Another nice alternative history book (although it’s sci-fi) is The Man On The High Castle, by Phillip K. Dick. The Allies have lost the war and the US is divided between Germany and Japan.

One of the short stories I mentioned before is exactly this.  But it’s not Phillip K. Dick - is that one any good?

• @Jermofoot:

I think you are speaking of another book.

Yup, it’s a different one. The one I have is this one: http://www.amazon.com/Third-Reich-Victorious-Alternate-Decisions/dp/0345490150/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1211658148&sr=8-14

One of the short stories I mentioned before is exactly this.  But it’s not Phillip K. Dick - is that one any good?

If you like sci-fi and Phillip K. Dick then it’s one of his best novels.

• Thank god we stomped them though…

Very interesting subject guys,  I think I’ll check out the book.
    It’s funny how most people walk around without realizing that time period shaped the world we live in today.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m