• I saw Dogfights on the H last nite. It was great! Those German pilots were something else. Turning into 5 enemy fighters, and the suicide ramming runs into bombers. I doubt I could have been talked into doing that stuff.
    The russian fighter pilots were trained to use their propellers to cut into german planes when they ran out of ammo, but I don’t think very many german fighters or bombers were brought down that way.
    Crazy Ivan

• Crazy Ivan, but has it been only an episode or has it been a tactic used by German pilots agains bombers?

I know about head on attack made on B-17s, because coming in front of the bombers formation reduce the time of exposition to the defensive MG fire.

• @Romulus:

Crazy Ivan, but has it been only an episode or has it been a tactic used by German pilots agains bombers?

I know about head on attack made on B-17s, because coming in front of the bombers formation reduce the time of exposition to the defensive MG fire.

the germans did that in the end fo the war when they had ony a few fighters left.

• Heres my favorite tactic in BF1942.  It doesn’t matter in which fighter plane….unless hes in a Mustang…in which case you are Farked.  If an enemy plane flys right past you from the opposite direction, chances are hes going to turn and try to get you.  So what you wanna do is find a way to turn faster.  If hes a noob, hes going to do a wide turn.  What you should do turn your plane upside down and do a dive towards the ground.  This creates awesome acceleration apart from the fact that its an easy war to turn.  Make sure your plane is well above the ground, or else youll be doing nothing but a dive…into the GROUND!  :lol:

Once you are flying towards him…you should catch him still trying to do his wide turn and should know which direction hes headed.  Modify accordingly…and get on his 6.

• Recently I developed a plan….We spawn at first across the field…I dive low, and travel along the ground…as he gets near he couldn’t see me (we turned off the red beacon and radar so it’s more realistic and you can’t spot someone from across the level) as he passes I sneak up and shoot him down! This happend twice before he cought on.

This is funny…in the level paris, I did the same thing…excpet I was weaving between the street like 20ft off the ground, using the buildings for cover. when he came over me, I shot up and out from the street and took him out.
    I think a few times I hit a car or bus and died!  :lol:

• @Gewehr:

ROFLS!  What game is this in?  Sounds pretty cool.

• my computer sucks so i don’t have any airplane games. but have any of you tried when someone i son your size to reverse your direction and go inverted to get on his six? so it would sotra look like you were doing a sideway u.

• @Mechanized:

@Gewehr:

ROFLS!  What game is this in?  Sounds pretty cool.

ROFL?  abreviation for what?

Blazing Angels, Squadrens of WWII for the PS3…I miss that game, the PS3 isn’t mine, and sence my brother’s in Iraq, he wanted it to be mailed to him  :cry:

• Dogfights on history channel is good….but from what i have played Blazing Angels is far from realistic.  Not sure how much real tactics will help you.

• anyone play heat seeker for wii? i just got it. its seems pretty fun but you never run out of missiles though. also the plane won’t stay leveled for me it keeps wobbling. ( maybe i have parkisons lol)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m