• do you think they should bouild a bridge between giblotar and africa I do not here is my argumanet

First of all, a bridge would disrupt or even destroy vessel traffic because the pillars would be in the way, or if it was a floating bridge it would totally block traffic hurting the Mediterranean economy. A storm could significantly damage or even destroy the bridge, but the tunnel would be safe underground. It would be a threat to the environment to build the bridge because bridge parts need to be manufactured, whereas for the tunnel, this is not necessary. Also, the exhaust (from the cars) on the bridge goes straight into the atmosphere, and pollutes it, but the exhaust (from the cars) in the tunnel would go through cleaning plants. Another reason why the bridge would be hurtful to the environment is that its supports would disturb life on the floor of the ocean, while the tunnel would merely go under it. Building a bridge would take up a lot of material, while a tunnel does not. People from the living on the coast would condemn building of the bridge because the bridge would be very ugly.

• hahaha, try to at least spell the name of your threat correctly. :)

Wouldn’t it cost more to build a underwater tunnel? :)

• Tunnel, Bridge will make it a lot harder to get ships in.

• @TG:

hahaha, try to at least spell the name of your threat correctly. :)

Wouldn’t it cost more to build a underwater tunnel? :)

did you intentionally misspell “thread”?

call me claustrophobic, however that whole tunnel deally worries me for some reason. True on a bridge you’re kind of stuck in the middle if someone wants you to be stuck, but i don’t know - i guess a tunnel collapse would bother me more than a bridge collapse. Also you just don’t get the scenery with a tunnel that you might with a bridge. I mean heck - i’d pay a toll just for the view.
    but i’m feeling pretty stupid tonight . . . .

• I always thought the exhaust form cars was mainly water, and since there’s so much of that around when you cross the bridge, it wouldn’t matter.

• did you intentionally misspell “thread”?

Mebbe. :)

• @TG:

did you intentionally misspell “thread”?

Mebbe. :)

Nau TG, eye dont tink dat yoo shood maik phun ov GeZe leik dat.

• wow, everybodys for the tunnel

• Not everyone… have you tried comparing the cost of building a tunnel very building a bridge? :-?

• the matinance for a bridge that size….

• tunnels are also expensive to maintain, especially those of that size and depth…

• nto as much as bridges

• are you sure about that?

• oh, I am sure, for sure

• What do you think they’ll end up building?

• well the project would cost billions of dollars so I dont think it will be started for a long time thus- who knows? -

• There won’t be a tunnel or bridge until africa reaches something near the european standard of living. The EU is frightened by the thought of too many refugees and “illegal immigrants” from over there.
    That would pretty much be the same as if the US un-guards its southern boarders…

• Uh,wouldn’t monitoring a birdge/tunnel be much easier? :-?

• ya TG is right

• I really don’t see an issue here. There is no need for a bridge accross Gibralter (or Gibistar… inside joke).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m