• o yea u stasi i saw a uniform for them in some militaria magazine ;)

• BEHAVE, G! :x - Xi

“Freedom of the press belongs to those who own one.” - Anonymous

Except sometimes on night shift when the guard is nappin’
    or the electronic surveillence is down! :D

• @FinsterniS:

about fear and politic…

When germany was in pain after WWI, they choose to listen to rightish party, they (we) were afraid.

If I remember correctly people were listening to the left (communists) just as much as the right (Nazi’s) in the late 20’s and early 30’s. Street battles were common between the two groups as well. In the 32 electon the left gained the most votes, not the right. In the Great depresson here in the US, it was the left, and not the right, which gained its most strength from the hardtimes people lived in. By 1934, many felt the country was on the verge of a Communist upriasing. Liberals play on fear just as much, “without us (liberals) will you get food, were will you get work were will you live? Its the right who wants to take those things away from you.” Fear is the weapon of extremists regardless of what side they are on and to say only one side has a monopoly on it is to show a general ignorence of the facts of history.

• In the Great depresson here in the US, it was the left, and not the right, which gained its most strength from the hardtimes people lived in.

Not very surprising, intervention of the state was (should have been ?) inevitable.

Also i never, NEVER said the right has the monopoly of fear, this is just a tendance. About Leftish using fear, i am sure they do, like every single political ideology. But conservative ideas are closer to the feeling of fear, fear of change, need of security, et cetera. And as we are on a very rightish world, conservative are often rigth-wing…

This is a generalisation, a global vision, i am sure you can understand that, as you and i can understand the limitation of such generalisation.

• Nah, I would say (at least from my perspective), the world is more left than right.

• it’s a question of standpoint… and as america is so much right-wing, i can understand you see the world as leftish

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m