How to counter a KJF strategy in Spring1942

• Buy all tanks on the first round as Germany!  In fact, provided the Russians have a bad round, or spend many IPC’s on a BMB/Sub combo, or move all their infantry east, you should always buy all tanks as Germany.  This allows you to have an advantage in far Eastern Europe.  Now, instead of Russia dominating WRus, the Germans are doing it because of their speed and firepower.

The second round needs a decent infantry purchase, perhaps only 4 armor and the rest infantry.  This is to start a stack of infantry moving east, do not worry about defending WEur until round 3 at the earliest.  Once those infantry join up with the armor that is penning in Russia, you should be able to take Caucasus and Russia.    I attack at anything over 80% chance of victory.

In this strategy, the German fleet in Med is irrelevant.  Use it as long as it survives to gain a few bucks here and there.  Be wary about transporting additional tanks to Africa.  Be prepared to vacate WEu if allies are threatening a landing.  Just make sure you have enough to counter attack, and always leave a minimum of 2 infantry there.  That way they have to send a few combat units to take it out.

Without getting lucky, I have yet to see a Russia that can stand up to an 8tank purchase Rd1 provided they purchased BMB/Sub, took horrendous casualties, or moved east.

• Double post I know, I tried to report this post to the moderator, but the site won’t let me.  I would like to move this post to the Spring 1942 thread on this forum.  Thank you.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m