• I played a game of AA42 tonight with my uncle and 2 boys. I was Germany and the game was over after the 4th round. We played about 3 hours and 15 minutes which was the shortest AA global game that I have ever played. I took my initial setup lone sub from SZ8, bomber from Germany and a fighter from Norway to the British fleet. My uncle was Britain and he was never able to build his fleet up again due to fear of losing it right away. USA never was really in the game due to poor choices from my oldest son who also played Russia and due to bad choices there my German army was able to take Russia in the 2nd round. My youngest son was Japan and with a little assistance from me he was able to take India on the 4th round. We played to 9 victory cities and it might have taken another 4 or 5 rounds to go to a total victory. I bought at least 1 bomber with Germany each round and the 3rd round I did a SBR against Britain with 2 bombers and caused 10 points of damage to his IC. He had an income of 30 and spent 9 to fix the IC and used the other 21 to buy infantry for Britain. He would have been gone in another round or 2 if we had kept playing. It was a lot of fun and look forward to playing again but maybe as Japan next time.

• '10

Fan of Japan myself. Fits my style of play I guess. Sounds like it could have been a good game with a couple better moves by Russia, but an inexperienced player might struggle with the strategy at first.

• It’s really important for the allies that US is in the game. Russia can’t survive long unless Germany is threatened by US/UK to its west, and Japan can have free reign in the Pacific without the US to quell its expansion

• @GrizzlyMan:

It’s really important for the allies that US is in the game. Russia can’t survive long unless Germany is threatened by US/UK to its west, and Japan can have free reign in the Pacific without the US to quell its expansion

My oldest son was both US and Russia and when Russia fell so did his spirits, especially when my uncle, the UK player, was not able to do anything against Germany or Japan. I struck UK and Russia early and often and it was too much for either one to handle. Next time we play I am taking the Allies so I can see if they will try what I did with Germany. They will be in for a surprise since I know what to do with the US and UK to help Russia and defeat Germany.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m