• There is actually a third possibility. It could be derived from the latin word avinious (meaning turdball). Hey, it’s a possibility!

funny it doesn’t even come up on Google… sorry my friend that was really bad latin joking… Try  Swahili next time… you should find something more interesting :-D

• and M36 is a type of tank destroyer. :mrgreen:

• “Arrr wench, munch on me mutton!”

“Eh lassie, walk me plank.”

'I’m lookin to bury me treasure in your blarney deep!!!"

My old Army nickname was “Raunchy” and apply that to the ole pirate pick up lines, and the traditional response would be, “Man you’re one raunchy pirate!”

Depending on the response, I could take anything to “another level”.

• @Raunchy:

“Arrr wench, munch on me mutton!”

“Eh lassie, walk me plank.”

'I’m lookin to bury me treasure in your blarney deep!!!"

My old Army nickname was “Raunchy” and apply that to the ole pirate pick up lines, and the traditional response would be, “Man you’re one raunchy pirate!”

Depending on the response, I could take anything to “another level”.

Pirates rock!  Too bad I’ll never make it past powder monkey…

I always thought “shiver me timber” was good one.

• It is possibly one of 2 meanings… Derived from Evan (meaning Warrior) or the Hebrew Avinoam (Meaning Blessed Father)

Well, if my parents made it up then it can’t possibly have any derived meaning…

• I always thought “shiver me timber” was good one.

It went like this, “Shiver me timber with ye pearly whites ya sultry wench!”

• Well mine is quite ordinary, its just a name so it doesn’t mean much.

But “Daniel” means something in Hebrew like “God is my Judge” I think,
    “Malus” is more fun, i haven’t meet it many places but I’ve encountered some meanings,
    first of its some kind of tree, to my best knowledge.
    Malus is also an item in Diablo 2 I think its a great hammer or something i can’t really remember.
    The most wicked part is the Latin translation were it means something like sickness or rotten
    How punk is that??  :evil:

• Being a Warhammer 40.000 lunativ, it should come as no surprise that I use the name of the Imperium’s most venerated soldier, Commissar Sebastian Yarrick as my WWW handle since the beginning of my web life.

• im guessing you play the gaurd? :mrgreen:

• Guy Sager is the author of “Forgotten Soldier.”  He was a german foot soldier who was eventually in the elite Gross Deutchland Division.  It’s a great book if you like military books.

• Armored Battlegroup, to be specific.

Among others.

• Could someone tell me what the heck Soldat means?

• @soldat:

Could someone tell me what the heck Soldat means?

I thought it was like a “Paid” sticker for oversized purchases that won’t fit in a bag…

A little tag that says “Sold At” followed by the name of the store :-P

• Soldat translates into Soldier in Danish.

• “Soldat” also means “Soldier” in German.

• Mine is from Final Fantasy VII.  One of Cloud’s weapons.

RB

• And about a hundred other works before that :-)

• Soldat is a title of a book written by a German Soldier who was a member of the General Staff and was a prisoner in Russia.  Read it, too.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m