• Very nice pics my friend. I really like what you did with the neutrals, and even giving them their own roundel. Makes the board seem much more “alive”.

Wow, you put in quite a lot of hours! I figured it would take a while, maybe a year, but that is a lot of hours! But you did go the extra mile with the bases of infantry etc.
    Did you consider using decals on some of the units? I have seen decal paper in hobby stores that allows you to print your own. Ever heard of these? Have an opinion on them?

If you put up more pics, I would like to see more Germans and Japanese. It looks like you have several camo patterns for your Germans. Can we see some pics of battle? D-Day, Sea Lion, Stalingrad, something like that? :)

Some questions:
    Do you use enamels or acrylics? I’ve heard enamel is better for playing pieces.
    Do you use a glossy finish? Spray on or paint on?
    What were the hardest units to paint? Which were the easiest? Which were most fun?

Thanks!

• Sorry for the late reply, been busy again and havent had time to meet up w friends and play.  I used acrylics to paint the pieces, easy stuff.to use and cheap.too, Michael’s is a good place.to buy some. I used a spray on glossy finish om the pieces themselves. The hardest units to paint was the infantry, so many details on them, straps, satchels bags, canteens boots and rifles, that takes lots of.time. the easiest units was the ships, just paint all grey, let them.dry then fill in the details like the deck and a roundel.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m