• Yeah, but if you really want to mess people up, be against animal testing, but pro-choice.

• no,if you really want to mess people up, be a feminist, ecologist, pro-life, JEWISH, nazi. that will screw with people

• I used to be Pro-DP and Pro-Life.

Changed my mind about pro-DP when I found out the cost of the legal fights over it…just lock 'em up for life and if the decision was wrong you can always let 'em out.

The problem I have with Pro-Choice is that the one choice pushed is abortion(another word for murder in some people’s lexicon.) Planned Parenthood makes most of it’s money from abortions though donations may outstrip abortion income now.

I’ve been in the local clinic as support for someone "seeking help"and heard the speel(hidden camera and microphone.) I’ve also been to some of the Pro-Life protests at the clinic. It’s almost always the Pro-Choice people who get ugly.

Hmm! I want to screw up PP’s money making operation.

What say we make abortions free for 5 years. Then come back and visit the subject. If approved it’s free for another 5 years. Keep it that way for 25-30 years. If no problems then make it free permanently.

• Not to mention black, and a few other things into the bargain.

• well, yea, but i was describing an actual person.

• I wish Sammy Davis, Jr. (recall he’s Jewish) would have taken Jesse Jackson to the woodshed before Sammy died.

• I support the Death Penalty only in cases where it can be conclusively proved that a murder or other capital crime was committed. Since this is usually not possible, I may as well say I don’t.

Pro-choice, I only support because there are too many stupid people having kids who shouldn’t.

On a semi-related topic, I’ve been researching the Libertarian party recently, and I like their theories of small government and self-reliance. The only problem with it is I’m not sure if people can handle it.

• Also,why would the Democratic party would be pro abortion but against the death penalty?

• the issue u havent addressed is innocense. abortion is the murder of an innocent child. dp is puttingf someone to death because of a crime(s) that they commited

that being said i am both pro life and anti-dp. u think the only way someone should be put to death is if they pose a threat to society wile behind bars

• @dropkickjake:

the issue u havent addressed is innocense. abortion is the murder of an innocent child. dp is puttingf someone to death because of a crime(s) that they commited

that being said i am both pro life and anti-dp. u think the only way someone should be put to death is if they pose a threat to society wile behind bars

Yes, but how do you know if the person who is convicted committed the crime? Also, how could someone pose a threat to society in prison?

As for myself, I am pro-life, but I’m not going to force that viewpoint on anyone else.

• when it comes to life and death issues, i am all about life.
    Pro-life, anti-death penalty. Also i am anti-Kevorkianism, however i am pro-patient comfort.

• @F_alk:

Kevorkianism ??

murder of patients,
    or physician-assisted suicide,
    or mercy killing
    depending on your point-of-view.

(named after Jack Kevorkian)

• I have no problem with putting murderers to death.

I’ve had a long talk about this with my preist and keep
    having the same conclusion. Not to get religous on everybody
    but as a Christian I embrace the doctrine of forgiveness.

I have forgiven all who have done me wrong in my life and will continue to do so.

Someone who can put together a cold, calculated plan to end the life of someone else, deserves the exact same in return- in the form of a well organised trial
    where evidence is produced,
    and witnesses are called,
    and counter witnesses tesify,

and when the conviction (if the evidence is unimpeachable!)
    is upheld after 13 yrs of legal wrangling,
    then the judgement of the State should be,
    upheld!

and carried out.

please don’t respond with the “what about the guy who was put to
    death and then they found the real guy…” those are the exceptions and
    those are the folks who really should sue for boatloads of $$$

• touche, F alk-

Well played.

I was thinking of those who were wrongfully imprisoned.
    That is a different topic. Certainly, resitution should be made to
    the victims survivors or his estate.

• Those few exceptions are not justification enough to do away with the entire system. Look at abortion F_alk, many of the babies are executed when they’re actually innocent, I think we should make abortion illegal. :wink:

• @Deviant:Scripter:

Those few exceptions are not justification enough to do away with the entire system. Look at abortion F_alk, many of the babies are executed when they’re actually innocent, I think we should make abortion illegal. :wink:

One time, I came up with the idea that anyone who had an abortion should be killed, on the theory that an abortion would be legal, but it would count as a murder. Besides, it’s like any other thing-women will be getting abortions anyway, and be at greater risk because of the illegality of it.

• @Deviant:Scripter:

Those few exceptions are not justification enough to do away with the entire system. Look at abortion F_alk, many of the babies are executed when they’re actually innocent, I think we should make abortion illegal. :wink:

well, all of the babies that are destroyed in this way are innocent. Just as when they are one year old. They are just younger, in my mind.

Also those “few exceptions” should be enough to change the system from a death centered one.
    If my father, or my sister, or i were one of those exceptions, then i would move heaven and earth to have the system changed.
    The fact is, destroying a life in this way is the end. There is no “correcting the mistake”. There is no redemption, no “sorry, we made a mistake”. Furthermore, i think that if a man truly did kill someone, he should have to spend the rest of his natural life thinking about what he did. This way the punishment may truly fit the crime.

• @cystic:

Furthermore, i think that if a man truly did kill someone, he should have to spend the rest of his natural life thinking about what he did. This way the punishment may truly fit the crime.

Yeah, I think 60 years of solitary and the threat of complete insanity is probably just as effective deterrent as simply killing someone.

• ah, but depending on pov, that could be considered cruel and unusual, while death is the “humane” thing. I dont see it in these terms, but thats a viewpoint some would have.

also, keeping these people in prison ad infinitum is a waste of money, esp. if the prisons are kept at their current level, or improved, as some seem to want.

think about it. this guy kills someone, gets convicted to life in jail, now the person he killed is dead, and this guy lives the rest of his life with three squares, access to exercise equipment and reading, possibly tv, games/sports, and social interaction. for many lowlifes, homeless etc. that commit the murder, this is a step up, many commit petty crimes when they need a “break” from their life, to go to prison for a stretch. all the while, the public pays for it. is that justice?

• @Janus1:

ah, but depending on pov, that could be considered cruel and unusual, while death is the “humane” thing. I dont see it in these terms, but thats a viewpoint some would have.

also, keeping these people in prison ad infinitum is a waste of money, esp. if the prisons are kept at their current level, or improved, as some seem to want.

think about it. this guy kills someone, gets convicted to life in jail, now the person he killed is dead, and this guy lives the rest of his life with three squares, access to exercise equipment and reading, possibly tv, games/sports, and social interaction. for many lowlifes, homeless etc. that commit the murder, this is a step up, many commit petty crimes when they need a “break” from their life, to go to prison for a stretch. all the while, the public pays for it. is that justice?

i believe recent studies have indicated that there is a much higher cost of killing criminals than having them in jails.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m